Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 44 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #431 of 467 Old 04-17-15, 10:44 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Tom Riddle wrote: View Post
Man, I've been away too long! JBRAX, love the new speakers! Welcome to the club! I watched The Fast and the Furious tonight on the 7's and 64 tonight, and what a "Furious" soundtrack! These speakers just reproduce everything so effortlessly. The play so nice with my PB13 Ultra, that I think they were made for each other.
Thanks, I've gotta say they've impressed me. Huge improvement over the 82's in regards to music. I threw in my Adele Blu-Ray and nearly shed a tear. The shrill at higher volume levels that I experienced with the 82's is gone. Definitely happy with the upgrade. On a side note that Ultra of yours must be impressive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #432 of 467 Old 04-18-15, 07:33 AM
Senior Shackster
The Shark

My System
Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Thanks, I've gotta say they've impressed me. Huge improvement over the 82's in regards to music. I threw in my Adele Blu-Ray and nearly shed a tear. The shrill at higher volume levels that I experienced with the 82's is gone. Definitely happy with the upgrade. On a side note that Ultra of yours must be impressive.
That's awesome. I noticed they were overall smoother on the highs too, while retaining that lovely horn sound! The Ultra is very impressive - a complete class of it's own. It's musical and it produces some great infrasonic bass. My room is huge, around 8800, and my 1 Ultra handles it with ease.
post #433 of 467 Old 05-25-15, 08:26 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
So I've settled in nicely with the new rf-7 II's and have done a lot of fiddling to get everything just right. Speaker toe-in was not quite pointed at the MLP but just outside of it. Have run Audyssey about eleventeen times due to slight movements and I've got it just right. At one time I gave thought to putting a separate two channel system together but that idea has been nixed. These things sound just as good with music as they do with movies. For anybody giving thought to upgrading it's well worth the investment.

post #434 of 467 Old 05-25-15, 09:15 PM
Shackster

I finally got mine all setup with the new 7ii's and 64ii. At first I had them about 8.5 feet apart toed in, but when I added the 64ii everything just seemed on top of each other sound wise.

Then, after putting the subs inside and spreading the towers out, things really opened up. It truly sounds great, I mean I watched Taken 3, American Sniper and The Battle of Five Armies this weekend and it blew me away. The 64ii is a meaty center too, really puts out the dialog clear and powerful.

This is how it looks now, towers are 10' 7" apart and about 10' 4" from the MLP, so I have a pretty good triangle. Towers are toed in and aimed at a point about 2 feet behind the MLP. So it's not overly aggressive, but there is some nice toe in. Sounds amazing.

XBR-65X930C / BDP-S6500
4520CI / Model 5000
Klipsch RF-7II's / RC-64II
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #435 of 467 Old 05-25-15, 10:10 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Very nice looking setup! Yep, I'm pretty blown away by the improvement in sound. Are you coming from the 82/62 References?
post #436 of 467 Old 05-26-15, 07:27 AM
Shackster

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Very nice looking setup! Yep, I'm pretty blown away by the improvement in sound. Are you coming from the 82/62 References?
Yeah, I upgraded from a small def tech system to the 82II and 62II, and then the 7II and 64II.

I love it.

XBR-65X930C / BDP-S6500
4520CI / Model 5000
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #437 of 467 Old 05-26-15, 05:42 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

Quote:
gadgtfreek wrote: View Post
This is how it looks now, towers are 10' 7" apart and about 10' 4" from the MLP, so I have a pretty good triangle. Towers are toed in and aimed at a point about 2 feet behind the MLP. So it's not overly aggressive, but there is some nice toe in. Sounds amazing.

I wish I had enough room to spread my speakers out like that (actually I wish I could convince SWMBO to rearrange the living room so I could spread the speakers out like that).
Looks great.
post #438 of 467 Old 05-26-15, 08:20 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System

Quote:
gadgtfreek wrote: View Post

Very nice
post #439 of 467 Old 05-26-15, 08:28 PM
Shackster

Thanks guys!

XBR-65X930C / BDP-S6500
4520CI / Model 5000
Dual Rythmik FV15HP's
post #440 of 467 Old 06-20-15, 04:13 PM
Shackster

MAD SCIENTIST

My System

I also found that the RF-7ii sound better with the subwoofers on the inside. Like many others I started with RF-62s and then RF-82iis and went through the whole series of center channels also. I went from RS-42iis to RS-52iis for the surrounds.

The RF-7ii are so much better sounding than the other floor standing speakers that I was amazed when I first set them up.