Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 467 Old 10-04-10, 04:00 PM
Shackster

CHiNGOBLiNG

My System
Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

HI ALL. WELL It DO LOOK IMPRESSIVE. Do you have a drop down screen for movie night? it just seems to me that with the AMOUNT of SOUND that is emanating from those wonderful artificial vocal cords. The picture seems to be... lacking but hey...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 467 Old 10-05-10, 08:13 AM
Senior Shackster

JasonPCtech

My System

Quote:
DC12VOLT wrote: View Post
I found a KV-2 center channel for a great price and it was definitely what my setup needed. Great speaker for what I paid.
I think the KV2 is a fine center for what its worth. Ebay listings have hovered in the $60 or less range. I own one but don't use it anymore.

BTW I've been a Klipsch fan since the 80's My first pair were the KG-4's I currently own Cornwall II's, Hersey I's, SS.5's & a KV2 center.
Planning a Hersey center soon. See my whole system in my bio.

Last edited by Jasonpctech; 10-05-10 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Added speakers in context.
post #53 of 467 Old 10-09-10, 08:32 AM
Shackster

I ended up getting the Klipsch Centre Channel Speaker RC52 I got a really good deal on it original price at futureshop 450 got is for 250. I haven't fired it up yet been working like mad this weekend, but I will post my opinion about the speaker very soon.

post #54 of 467 Old 10-09-10, 11:37 AM
Senior Shackster

JasonPCtech

My System

I will be looking forward to your review. That was a good price.
I'm a Pioneer fan too, VSX1020k in my rack currently. I hope this Klipsch thread becomes the new go to place.
post #55 of 467 Old 10-10-10, 04:36 PM
Claus

I'm surprised that there aren't more owners posting here. It's been almost 3 weeks since my last post, and there have been only 7 posts since then.

Jasonpctech -- Like you, I was hoping that there would be more activity on this thread. I guess there aren't that many Klipsch owners that are members of this Forum.

pioneerfreak -- Before I bought my RC-62, last year, I sent Klipsch an email inquiring about the difference between the RC-52 and the RC-62. The Klipsch tech/engineer, that responded, told me that there was very little difference between them except at higher volume levels. However, I wanted to stay with an 80Hz LFE crossover, so I decided to go with the RC-62, since it has a slightly lower bottom end (57Hz vs 67Hz for the RC-52).

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to hook up my new RS-62s for the side surround channels yet. Before I connect the RB-81s as the rear surrounds, I'm going to hook them up, temporarily, as the front R/L mains for a quick test. Mainly out of curiosity, to see (hear) the difference between them and the JBLs.

Since both would fit in the cabinet space available (the RC-62 had a 1/2" to spare), I went ahead and ordered it. I have been happy with the way it worked out. I was apprehensive about the potential mismatch with my old JBL R/L speakers, but I did not have to worry, the match is more than acceptable, at least to my ears.
post #56 of 467 Old 10-12-10, 01:22 AM
Shackster

Jasonpctech That is a nice receiver great reviews on that one.

CT Weib if the RC62 was within my budget I would have got that one but here is my review on the RC52.

I'm running my RC52 on a Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH receiver with conventional 16 gauge wires watching AVATAR through a Fat PS3 160GB system on a 46 inch Toshiba Regza LCD. The rest of my 5.1 surround system is not Klipsch just the centre channel right now. So I calibrated my speakers with the self calibration tool in my receiver put in AVATAR and away I go! WOW! is the word I could hear every single little branch crack, face rub and voice! I can hear proper dialogue! I adjusted the volume on my centre a bit more higher and I was astounded! With the results. The music sounded like there was a symphony in my living room. The voices/dialogue sounded natural and pure and not whiney with to much treble and not to low or muffled like with a cheap centre, there was a perfect mix of levels in the voices making them sound natural and pure with enough volume to hear the dialogue properly.

Any complaints? The speaker is big! I had to put it on an extra small table in front of my tv

. After hooking this up I realised the importance of a good centre channel and if anyone has one of those home theatre in a box centres please throw that thing away, save your money and buy a quality centre. I'm going to be buying better wiring for my speakers soon and I'm saving up for a pair of Klipsch Surround Bookshelf Speaker RS42's in the near future.
post #57 of 467 Old 10-29-10, 03:20 PM

I just did a long overdue upgrade of all my speakers and decided to go Klipsch after much research (which included this thread). Got some good deals as Klipsch is updating there whole line up and there were great sales on this old stock.
RF-82 (700$ pair)
RC-52 (200$)
S-3 (230$ pair)
I also already had a KSW-12 sub.
Keep in mind those are Canadian prices. I'm very happy with the setup, it sounds way better than it did in the store. I've made all my own acoustical panels with info I've gathered on this site and others. No need to go out to the movies anymore!
Future upgrades include an SVS PC12-NSD 12-Inch Sub and I'll be looking to upgrade my Onkyo TX-SR303 probably with another Onkyo reciever, 608?
post #58 of 467 Old 11-05-10, 10:08 PM
psg

Hi all,

Came over here for REW, but saw this thread. You might know me from the Klipsch forum and AVS. Greetings to all! Heritage owner here...
post #59 of 467 Old 11-06-10, 08:19 AM
psg

Just scrolled back a little through the tread... Loved your story coytee! Mine is similar.

When I was 17, a friend and me wanted to start a mobile-disco just for fun and even earnings to buy more equipment. We did a contracted a first gig at a nearby elementary school (no pressure!) and rented out some Bose. Then another gig at a highschool in a gym where we thought we could use ordinary home speakers. We did a dry run the day of the gig and panicked! A friend of my brother's had huge speakers (don't even remember what they were) and they graciously loaned out his gear to us. After that near disaster, an older cousin who lives in another city was visiting, heard the story and told me he'd fix my problem by selling my his Klipsch La Scala. I went to the only store in town that sold them (more of a basement in a house) , walked into the showroom and saw the lineup with Klipschorns, La Scala, Cornwall and Heresy. I asked which ones were La Scala and that's when I got really excited! THAT'S what I was getting!

I also knew that day that I would some day own the beautiful Klipschorn; both models don't even look like speakers!
I still have the La Scala, using one as center speaker between a pair of... Klipschorns!
post #60 of 467 Old 01-01-11, 02:17 AM
Shackster

M L [email protected] CasaSlappy!

Smile Official Klipsch Owners Thread

Hi all ! well I'm here also ..
Similar story as was Coytee's
But I fell for the Cornwalls.................... I was 19 also Living in Alaska since then they have been with me always .
That was back in '77 still have them & my cousin's set from '78
They now have gone into Mod Land ==> Crites CornScala's with a complete re-wrap of 3/4" Oak on all sides / backs. This really improved the bass response adding the extra thickness to the wall of the cabs .They also now are on 3" x 3" oak feet that bring them off the floor about 5".
now have a 7.2 HT system with the 4 CornScala's , 2 Hersey's that are modded into Bob Crites CS-1's (re-wraped here too in 3/4" oak) & a home made cabinet CS-1 center channel (double 3/4 oak there also)
Bob Crites Custom crossovers,his woofers (the AL cast 15" & 12" ) , his tweets , Selenium horns & drivers in the CS-1's
I added to the lower end with dual SVS PC12-NSD's sub's
The CornScala's do duty as left / right fronts ,with the other 2 as left / right surrounds
the CS-1's are doing duty as left / right heights ...
all pushed with an Onkyo TX-NR807 ,input devices ==> Custom HTPC , Sony Blu-Ray , Direct TV, streaming home network & soon to be OTA also
The display is a 60" Sharp LCD with a side monitor 21" lcd for when I multi-task

More than Happy with the Mods, all the drivers are new ,horns as well
The improvements with the Mods were just Jaw dropping
the wife well she is ! but i just smile & say they were herebefore you were !!

Mike
Crites Modified Klipsch Heritage System 9.2 SVS LFE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
====> Rulz The MLP In La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille, Which Is Over There In Da Dirt SomeWhere LOL!