Official Klipsch Owners Thread - Page 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #61 of 467 Old 01-01-11, 06:10 PM
Senior Shackster

Re: Official Klipsch Owners Thread

This is not my system but is a pretty impressive Klipsch array I've eyed a few time. I'm sure the owner would be impressed that I took notice of his lovely system. Though it may not be the most practical as set-up for a home theater, it is still quite a stunner for heritage Klipsch lovers. 3 of the 5 Belles are shown here in a stunning 5.1 Klipsch system.

http://cgim.audiogon.com/i/vs/s/f/1235527464.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 467 Old 01-01-11, 07:18 PM
Senior Shackster

JasonPCtech

My System

Yes that is a impressive setup clean looking and surely a theater sound experience with that front end. I'm envious.
post #63 of 467 Old 01-12-11, 09:45 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

I have had a Klipsch speaker system for about one year. I am running a 5.0 system which anchored with RF-83's
I was wondering if anyone else is running RF-83's without a subwoofer ?
If not which subwoofers are the other RF-83's owners are using.

post #64 of 467 Old 01-12-11, 10:06 PM
Shackster

M L [email protected] CasaSlappy!

Many have said that the Klipsch subs are a little under whelmed for their price point unless you get the highest priced model .That said The best bang for your buck can be had with SVS PC12-NSD ,SVS PB12-NSD, & the Hsu line of subs come to mind as the best of the subs that will work great with your system .For these are subs that will be world class & hit a price point that is well below what the comparable Klipsch sub will give you.

Mike
Crites Modified Klipsch Heritage System 9.2 SVS LFE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
====> Rulz The MLP In La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille, Which Is Over There In Da Dirt SomeWhere LOL!
post #65 of 467 Old 01-17-11, 10:08 AM
Senior Shackster

JasonPCtech

My System
Re-voicing a Polk CS350-LS "Poor mans Academy"

So, I have felt center channel challenged for awhile now. I own a Klipsch KV2, it's OK but just not the right fit between a pair of Cornwall's. I have been pineing after the Academy for some time watching Craigslist & eBay for the best deal at the best monetary moment with no luck at all.
I have all this time owned a excellent Polk CS350-LS with 4, 4.5" butyl surrounded drivers and a 1" soft dome tweeter. The dome tweeter just didn't keep up with the Klipsch Heritage horn sound.

So starts the Franken Polk center project!
For the most part as center channels go the 350 is a fine and powerful ally with good specs, 10-250watts, 91db one watt one meter, 60hz-26khz range unmodified. Better yet and can be found used dirt cheap in the $60 to sub $100 range often.
When you shop quad driver centers currrent models get pretty rich, many exceed the $700 plus range with specs really close to the stock CS350LS. The cabinet on the polk is also really easy to place, (6.5h x 26w x 11d) and has a straight on flat and tilt up angled side as well.

My first re-voice idea was pulling the cool looking Trilaminate soft dome for the horn in the KV2. This was close but a bit too inefficient without re-evaluating the crossove, remember this is a poor mans (LAZY) concept. The next attempt was risky, find a new horn on the net,

I looked at used K77's and Crites but that was too rich for the budget. While hunting at Parts Express I found a few good choices but not many single driver, "round hole" options. I finally settled on the American Acoustic constant directivity baby cheek horn here, http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=270-049 Power handling: 30 watts RMS/60 watts max * 95db @1watt (key factor) * Impedance: 8 ohms * Frequency response: 1,500-20,000 Hz, it's only $10.50 and not round but the dimensions were close I used closed cell foam tubing to seal the gap. It still barely fits behind the grill too.

Whats the verdict? You ask. Wow! the gamble paid off! My Lazy, cheap Franken Polk blends in perfectly I even swapped all the past tweeters for a listen and just kinda laughed at the relative success of the project. A mere ten "fitty" made my Polk more like a Academy or dare I say a mini RC-64!

Although I'm just over a week of listening I am confident and happy to say this is the center channel I have been dreaming about! So round up about $100 start your hunting and get that tweeter so you can get a full nights sleep again and really enjoy your movies.

I might add, don't try this at home kids because there is typically so much more to consider like proper crossovers and so on. I just got lucky and "prat" fell into a good combination to my ears.

Next project, the amazing trashcan tube sub! Ha, gotcha! Just kidding.

Last edited by Jasonpctech; 01-18-11 at 04:05 AM.
post #66 of 467 Old 01-17-11, 10:39 AM
Shackster

Hey nice job !

Mike
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
====> Rulz The MLP In La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille, Which Is Over There In Da Dirt SomeWhere LOL!
post #67 of 467 Old 01-17-11, 10:52 AM
Senior Shackster

JasonPCtech

My System

I should mention I do have a pair of Heresy's and have used one as a center. Yes the Heresy is better but not by much to my ears plus the Franken Polk fits the existing spot perfectly, for now. The Cs1 crite project is nice I have seen Bob's projects and wish I could try them all but sadly money is tight and my re-purposed concept sounds nice for the investment. I won't replace it at this point till either I get a sweet deal on one of 3 single speakers Academy, Heresy or Cornwall. The dream is 100% Heritage plus a SVS powered Tube sub.
post #68 of 467 Old 01-17-11, 11:20 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Jasonpctech wrote: View Post
I should mention I do have a pair of Heresy's and have used one as a center. Yes the Heresy is better but not by much to my ears plus the Franken Polk fits the existing spot perfectly, for now. The Cs1 crite project is nice I have seen Bob's projects and wish I could try them all but sadly money is tight and my re-purposed concept sounds nice for the investment. I won't replace it at this point till either I get a sweet deal on one of 3 single speakers Academy, Heresy or Cornwall. The dream is 100% Heritage plus a SVS powered Tube sub.
I know what you mean on tight money .. If had not done my mods & build the CS-1's as I did last year I would not be able to do that Now !
Just keep plugging on with what you have & in better days move up . I'm really happy with my system now & just by luck did I get them done before money got tight .
the CS-1 makes a Great center

Mike
post #69 of 467 Old 01-31-11, 08:39 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

hey there fastslappy
post #70 of 467 Old 01-31-11, 09:03 PM
Shackster

Quote:
nezff wrote: View Post
hey there fastslappy
Wuzzt uP

Mike