Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Official Klipsch Owners Thread

130K views 466 replies 101 participants last post by  Savjac 
#1 ·
Well, I didn't see one yet, and didn't see a Manufacturers section on here, so I figured I'd start a Klipsch owners thread. I own F2's, C2 center, and S1 surrounds. I have a Sub 12, and a RW10 for the lows! I also have a pair of B2's for rear surrounds, but my current house does not have enough room for 7.2, so......... what about you?

#6 ·
Chorus II and Heresy I.

Maybe one of these days I'll land me a pair of Jubilee mains...

#9 ·
I'm running Klipsch speakers and couldn't be happier!!

Mains: Forte II's
Center: KG 1.2 (x2)
Surrounds: KG 1's
Sub: SW-12

A Klipsch Academy is def. on the "to buy" list. But, as it sets now it sounds awesome!!

I think I'm a customer for life now! :devil::T

#16 ·
HT/Music setup:

RF-52, RC-52, RB-5 (rear surrounds), and SVS PC12-NSD subwoofer. The RB-5s were my original fronts. I set the RF-52s to small on my AVR so both LFE and under 80Hz goes to the PC12-NSD. To my ears, the RF-52 mid/upper bass sounds much more crisp configured this way. I'm wondering how others have setup their systems.

#18 ·
Hello

My setup is:

RF-7 mains (just purchaced used, replaced RB-5ll)
KSW-12 Subwoofer
RC-3ll Center (looking to upgrade to RC-7)
4 RS-3ll surounds
Could not be more happy with the RF-7's they look like the day they were bought, drove 130 miles to pick them up (called in sick at work)

#19 ·
I have one or two Klipsch speakers laying around.

#20 ·
Hi Gang...It's always fun looking at Mr. Carlton's collection. :)

I have RF-7s/RC-7/RF-3s/RS-7s/RB-75s and RSW-12 up front with an RSW 15 behind me and have enjoyed this system for almost 7 years.

In the Bedroom we have RB-75s/RC-7/RS-3s with a Phase Audio sub. I also have a Workout room with Klipsch KLF 20s/KLF-C7/RS-3s and KSW 12 subwoofer. All of my Home Theaters are driven with Denon AVRs which I have been extremely happy with. :yay2:

#23 ·
I own a pair of B3's now it's not much i'd call the classic klipsch but they sound nice to me. I use them as rear surrounds in my HT.

they are a warm and clear sounding pair of bookshelf speakers for thoes not famuliar with them. I have enjoyed them greatly and look forward to trying other speaker lines fomr klipsch

thank you for reading my post.

#25 ·
I've have Klipsch speakers since the mid 80s. I started with a pair of KG4's then added another pair for Dolby surround, then eventually a pair of Kg2 for a 5.1 system with three Kg4 up front and the Kg2 in the rear.

I updated the surrounds to RS-3 front and rear (Yamaha RX-V2095 had front effects channels). I later added a KV3 center and regrettably sold one pair of Kg4s. I purchased an SW8 sub for upper bass and added a custom-made ACI Saturn compound 2-12" subwoofer.

I'm currently running the 7.1 Klipsch system using the Kg4s as mains, the KV3 as center (occasionally changing it out to a KLF-C7 when the mood hits me), RS-3 front effects and rear surrounds, SW8 sub for upper LF and ACI Saturn compound subwoofer for lowest freq. I have no intention of ever selling the Klipsch'.

#27 ·
I had purchased the KLF-C7 because I thought it would be a better match for the Kg4's 8" woofers. Although it does have better bass than the KV3, it wasn't as coheisive. It sounded as though the sound was going over my head no matter how I tilted it. I use it when I watch very dynamic movies and DTS sounds better with it than DD. Also I have it, so feel bad letting it go to waste, so I use it occasionally. I believe it's a better match with one of their other lines. The KV3 has been the best I've found to mate with the Kg4s.

#28 ·
... Also I have it, so feel bad letting it go to waste, so I use it occasionally. I believe it's a better match with one of their other lines. The KV3 has been the best I've found to mate with the Kg4s.
Thanks for the explanation and I understand about it hard to get rid of speakers after receiving a good deal...I have several myself. ;-)

Fwiw, the KLF C-7 is an excellent center channel and was voice matched to the KLF-30s and 20s (which are 3-way speakers) and definitely aren't considered a "lower line." I have mine paired with KLF-20s along with RS-3s and a KSW 15 (being powered by a Denon AVR 3803) in my W/O room and that system ROCKS when I am working out. :boxer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.