Thoughts on Behringer Studio Monitors (2030 and others), active and passive - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 187 Old 12-20-09, 04:53 PM
Shackster
bear

Re: Thoughts on Behringer Studio Monitors (2030 and others), active and passive

i dont have any experiance with the speakers you are looking at but just to give you some support i run 3 - jbl lsr6332 across the front of my set up that replaced some dynaudios . good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 187 Old 12-21-09, 07:17 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Quote:
smbear wrote: View Post
i dont have any experiance with the speakers you are looking at but just to give you some support i run 3 - jbl lsr6332 across the front of my set up that replaced some dynaudios . good luck
Hello,
Especially with the Dynaudio's, you are talking about Monitors which cost a great deal more than the Behringers. That being said, JBL makes some fantastic Studio Monitors.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
post #13 of 187 Old 12-22-09, 08:06 PM
Shackster
bear

oops i ment dynaudio home speakers not monitors .

post #14 of 187 Old 12-24-09, 02:56 PM
JCD
Elite Shackster

Jacen

I know that they cost a little bit more than the Behringers, but I've heard nothing but praise for the Mackie Active monitors like the 624 and, even more, the 824.
post #15 of 187 Old 12-24-09, 03:27 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
In truth, many in Pro Audio are not huge fans of Behringer. I am talking more about Studio Owners and the like. Many of them are turned off by the fact that Behringer has been sued multiple times for Copyright Infringement for cloning designs and building them with less expensive components in China.

That is not to say they do not offer amazing value. Nor does it mean they do not offer excellent performance because they often do. The price/performance ratio is off the charts with their offerings.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
post #16 of 187 Old 12-25-09, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Banned!

Oh, behringer's cloning is pretty blatant, especially with the guitar effects pedals. However, as a consumer, I can't argue with their price/performance ratio. Maybe I should be more principled in supporting the RD of companies like Mackie, Boss, and others, but I can't afford to.
post #17 of 187 Old 04-18-10, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Just an update, I got a killer deal on the 2031a that I couldn't pass up, despite reservations listed in this thread. After the dust settles (we're finally closing on a house next week, and I need to restart a podcast), I may attempt some of the mods for the 203p listed in this thread:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-mod-list.html

I'll post my initial impressions after I get the 2031a setup.
post #18 of 187 Old 04-18-10, 02:29 PM
Sam

Quote:
eugovector wrote: View Post
Just an update, I got a killer deal on the 2031a that I couldn't pass up, despite reservations listed in this thread. After the dust settles (we're finally closing on a house next week, and I need to restart a podcast), I may attempt some of the mods for the 203p listed in this thread:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-mod-list.html

I'll post my initial impressions after I get the 2031a setup.
I do not think you will be disapointed, i have been listening to mine in a bed room computer system for close on 2 years and i really enjoy them

Im building some stands for them at the moment to to get that tweeter up at ear level.

Im very interested to hear your thought on them
post #19 of 187 Old 04-18-10, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

They look great, planning a paint or lacquer finish? I'm not sure if this is already in the works, but I'd plan on cutting a rubber mat to decoupled them and kill any potential vibrations between the speakers and the stands. Mouse pads work pretty well, IMHO.
post #20 of 187 Old 04-21-10, 11:31 AM
Elite Shackster

Josh

Eugovector,

I have no less than 10 B2031A's and I've had them for many years. I have only had one problem and it was a defective amp on one speaker, but it did not work when I received it. It wasn't like it just quit one day. Otherwise they've been flawless. I prefer them to the passive version's personally. They are an incredible value IMHO passive or active.

Also in the first post of this thread it was noted that the off axis response is not that great and i beg to differ. The measurement posted shows what looks to be very good performance at up to 90deg off axis due to the waveguide. It does degrade significantly from there, but you have to ask yourself if you plan on listening to these from that far off. Most people don't.

Anyway. My 2 cents.