Polk Audio owners thread - Page 12 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #111 of 113 Old 01-17-14, 08:18 PM
Senior Shackster

Re: Polk Audio owners thread

Quote:
clemchem wrote: View Post
Yes, I was afraid that the lack of external amplification might be a problem with the polks, I currently have 2 BIC FH6-LCRs being powered,but have a case of the "what-ifs" and am wondering if I would benefit from something else. I did forget yo mention that I do have 2SVs PB-1000 subwoofers, so music would not need to dig quite as deep as a pure 2-channel system.
Well depending what you listen just a tad of bass might suit a lot of ppl , the 12's/9's deliver a excellent amount of bass when well powered but of course this is a personal choice and there's a lot of tweaking that can be done .

On your receiver and since it's running Audyssey you can always run on stereo ( audyssey is applied with sub ) or run Direct or Pure Direct ( no DSP ) and the speakers will hold the lower frequencies . If you don't have the Polk you should audition them and preferably with external amps , take music that you like and know well and give it a spin .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 113 Old 01-18-14, 03:08 PM
Banned!

Quote:
clemchem wrote: View Post
I currently have a denon 2113 (95 watts/channel) and am wondering if either of the rti8 or rti12 towers would be able to be done justice with this receiver? This system would be in a multi-use living room of ~4500 cubic feet, but not used at reference level. In facIt, the AVR rarely exceeds -20db. Usage would be 80% TV/movies and 20% internet radio/mp3. Thanks for any help!
I am in a similar situation as you, running an Onkyo 605 with 90 watts a channel which feeds RTi12s (and the rest of my speaker layout); take all these speaker power ratings with a grain of salt. I have NO -- absolutely NO -- issues driving my RTi12s with my Onkyo but there are a lot of factors that come into play...are you using a sub, what will your RTi8s or RTi12s be crossed over at, etc.
post #113 of 113 Old 02-10-14, 06:38 PM
Shackster
Greg

I've got a pair of 10b's in my living room, and a pair of 5's in my office/recording/mixing area. Listening only there. Not for mixing. From the old days...

Like me...