Polk Audio owners thread - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 113 Old 03-25-07, 12:49 PM
Shackster
Mike

Re: Polk Audio owners thread

Lsi15's, LsiC here. The built in subs of the 15's can really kick it for HT. Probably not the best tweeter for HT though IMO of course.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 113 Old 03-25-07, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

mike

Quote:
MikeL wrote: View Post
Lsi15's, LsiC here. The built in subs of the 15's can really kick it for HT. Probably not the best tweeter for HT though IMO of course.

Mike

Thats a great setup Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #13 of 113 Old 03-25-07, 01:38 PM
Shackster
Mike

Thanks Mike. I am an active member over at the Polk Forum (Midnite Mick) and am curious to here some of the older Polk's. Would like to know the what the old SDA's sound like. I have a feeling they would be right in my wheelhouse in regards to my preferences. I love a big 3 dimensional sound and if they sound open as well........well .

Mike

post #14 of 113 Old 03-25-07, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

mike

Quote:
MikeL wrote: View Post
Thanks Mike. I am an active member over at the Polk Forum (Midnite Mick) and am curious to here some of the older Polk's. Would like to know the what the old SDA's sound like. I have a feeling they would be right in my wheelhouse in regards to my preferences. I love a big 3 dimensional sound and if they sound open as well........well .

Mike
So would I Mike, have never been fortunate to run across a pair. Perhaps someone here at the Shack has.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #15 of 113 Old 04-05-07, 10:16 AM
Senior Shackster

Mazer

I am putting together a second system in my house. Right now I have 4-Polk Audio LSi9's, 2 LSi7's, and a LSiC. No electronics yet.

So here they set waiting.

post #16 of 113 Old 04-05-07, 06:19 PM
Bob

Send a message via AIM to khellandros66 Send a message via MSN to khellandros66

Those LSi9 are amazing I remember hearing them for the first time at HE2002 and was really taken back by them. You gonna do 7.1 with LSiC + 4 LSi9 For LR/Sides LR, and the LSi7s as Surround backs? Man thats a of a rig. What Sub you gonna use?

I can post on my dad's behalf he has RT1000i and a CS245i with Radioshack In walls and Velodyne CHT-12 and Yamaha YST-SW305

~Bobby
post #17 of 113 Old 04-05-07, 07:00 PM
Senior Shackster

Mazer

Quote:
khellandros66 wrote: View Post
Those LSi9 are amazing I remember hearing them for the first time at HE2002 and was really taken back by them. You gonna do 7.1 with LSiC + 4 LSi9 For LR/Sides LR, and the LSi7s as Surround backs? Man thats a of a rig. What Sub you gonna use?

~Bobby
I think I'm only going to go with a 5.1 system. The room is real small. 12x11. I purchased 2-LSi9's, LSi7's & LSiC at the same time. I then found a deal on 2-LSi9's and purchased those too. So I'm going to use either 4-LSi9's or use the 2-LSi7's as rears.

No idea on a sub yet.

See it's a small room. Still have to purchase a couch. Seating will only be about 6' from screen.

Mazer

post #18 of 113 Old 04-06-07, 01:31 PM
Bob

Send a message via AIM to khellandros66 Send a message via MSN to khellandros66

You best use the four LSi9's and LSiC cause if you don't I will have Sonnie release lawn gnomes to attack you, you know them southern gnomes are mean.

Nah all kidding aside that would be best timbre matching and eaier to find an amp cause all speaker will require same power.

PS: My new fav recommendation for a sub that hit it low and takes up little space is a DIY one using

Soundsplinter RP-L18 D2
Elemental Design E1300 1300w RMS Plate
Parts Express 3cu^ft Enclosure
$895+/- (depending on shipping you chose)

Unibox shows 107dB at 20hz and about 95-97dB at 10hz and there is alot of room for use with the BFD to boost the bottom end w/o hitting xmax.

~Bobby

Last edited by khellandros66; 04-06-07 at 01:36 PM.
post #19 of 113 Old 04-06-07, 01:39 PM
Shackster
Chris

Lessee, what do I have in the way of Polk? The trusty Subie has Polk separates up front, in the rear, and as a sub, but in the house is where I have the arsenal: Five pairs of LS50's, two pairs LS f/x, two CS350 LS, and two PSW 1200's. I'm running about half of it now, but the lot of it is waiting for the dedicated HT to be built.
post #20 of 113 Old 04-06-07, 01:44 PM
Shackster
Chris

Quote:
khellandros66 wrote: View Post
You best use the four LSi9's and LSiC cause if you don't I will have Sonnie release lawn gnomes to attack you, you know them southern gnomes are mean.

Nah all kidding aside that would be best timbre matching and eaier to find an amp cause all speaker will require same power.

PS: My new fav recommendation for a sub that hit it low and takes up little space is a DIY one using

Soundsplinter RP-L18 D2
Elemental Design E1300 1300w RMS Plate
Parts Express 3cu^ft Enclosure
$895+/- (depending on shipping you chose)

Unibox shows 107dB at 20hz and about 95-97dB at 10hz and there is alot of room for use with the BFD to boost the bottom end w/o hitting xmax.

~Bobby
I didn't know you could get that kind of response out of a sub that small! How big is the port on that thang? I've been aiming for a dual 18" Soundsplinter LLT in a 20-30 cubic foot cabinet that would double as my, what do you call it? thing the second row seats go on. I want to relieve my pair of PSW 1200's at 28 Hz, and let the Soundsplinters take it home...