Teufel Speakers - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 6 Old 05-20-06, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Steve

Send a message via Skype™ to Steve Williamson
Teufel Speakers

Any one here seen, heard or own Teufel speakers?

The only info I can find is in German and was wondering what the Teufel Theater 8 set was like http://www.teufel.de/de/THXsysteme/s_518.cfm

It is either those or JBL, not decided yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-20-06, 04:19 AM
Senior Shackster

Fincave

Send a message via Skype™ to Fincave
Re: Teufel Speakers

Had a look on the Finnish forum for info regarding Teufel, a few hits but no user comments. Try and use Babelfish for translations http://babelfish.altavista.com/ The translations sometimes make no sense whatsoever, though on occasion you may be able to make out something

post #3 of 6 Old 05-21-06, 06:03 AM
Shackster
Ghislain

There is a detailed review of this set on a very respected German HT site (in german)
It appeared on the market in 2002 and was tested to be outstanding.
I have translated their conlusion for you:

Pro:
Exzellente akustische Homogenität
Excellent acoustic homogeneity

Überdurchschnittlich voluminöse Surround-Klangkulisse
Above average and voluminous surround soundstage

Aktiver Subwoofer ermöglicht weit überdurchschnittlichen Bassdruck
Active subwoofer enables far above average bass pressure

Sehr gelungene Stimmwiedergabe
Well sucseeded voice reproduction

Hervorragend abgestimmter Hochtonbereich
Fantasticly tuned treble range

Tadellose Detaileinarbeitung
Details well taken care of (finishing)

Erstklassige Verarbeitung
Superbly crafted

Überragendes Preis-/Leistungsverhältnis
Excellent price/performance ratio

Contra:
Sehr großer Subwoofer benötigt viel Platz im Hörraum
Very large subwoofer requires a lot of space

I can further add that Teufel is a highly regarded german direct selling speaker manufacturer.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-21-06, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Steve

Thank you Ghislain, I will probably send for a set to find out what they are like, it is always a problem to audition speakers at home in Australia anyway, so I might as well go for the THX certified system I am after.

If I do not like it, I will sell it on.

Cheers

Steve
post #5 of 6 Old 05-21-06, 06:22 AM
Shackster
Ghislain

You're welcome!
I have not had the opportunity to listen to their speakers either (as you can only get them through direct sales) but so far I have not come across any negative user reviews (on german boards). If space is not an issue than you'll be all right with these

I went to a very long speaker selection exercise myself about a year ago. In the end went for Monitor Audio RS8/RSLCR/RSFX and never looked back - great in both HT and hifi reproduction.
I was also happy to have bought a SVS 2039Pci sub which completes the above setup.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-21-06, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Steve

Fincave, thanks for the advice, but I tried the babelfish conversion and they are apparently Devil speakers See below:

Quote:
Loudspeaker devil theatre 8

This impressive system is the first German and world-wide second home cinema set, which - together with another manufacturer - that received THX Ultra 2-Lizenz. Devil is very proud on it which again succeeded it to us to occupy our top place with the development by more-canal public-address systems so clearly.

The theatre 8 represents a home cinema set of the absolute top class, which is inferior to the reference system theatre 10 in its line ability only insignificantly. It offers for areas to approx.. 150 square meter a competitionless price/achievement relationship in the THX Ultra 2-Bereich. We with devil are sure that this system will perform its service for the fullest satisfaction of its proud owners. With each kind of signal source! Whether music or film clay/tone is completely subordinate. The theatre 8 always presents the sound accurately like that as it from the clay/tone technician was intended. Neutrally.

As front loudspeaker theatre 8 is used M 800 FCR THX Ultra 2. This model is based on well-known M 660 THX Ultra, which further developed further as well as - among other things - with a again conceived frequency switch one equipped. Also the effect dipole loudspeakers remind optically strongly of old acquaintance which not surprised, rise new M 800 D THX Ultra 2 nevertheless proven M 600 D THX Ultra Surroundboxen. With eight (!) loudspeaker chassis integrated not only a probably-co-ordinated rendition of the individual frequency ranges but also an extremely high maximum stress were realized. Essentially for an acoustic irradiation of large areas! Without direct predecessor, but in the glorious tradition of the best devil Subwoofer stands M 11000 SW THX Ultra 2, whose 1200 Watt output stage and two 300 mm neodymium drivers reaches a maximum sound pressure of 120 railways (1 m, 1 W, max 2 % rattle/clink) and the frequency range from 20 to 200 cycles per second with hardly measurable deviations from ±0,5 railways radiates. In other words: The Superwoofer shows also 20 cycle per second-Ultrabaesse without each level loss!
Now I have to try them

Lifes funny