One Newb's journey to find his "perfect" speaker - Page 36 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #351 of 363 Old 09-01-12, 07:13 PM
Senior Shackster

My System
Re: One Newb's journey to find his "perfect" speaker

i guess im a bit late to make a recommendation.i was going to say tekton design.they sound fantastic i dont own any tekton speakers.i have heard a pair that belongs to a friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 363 Old 09-01-12, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
yoda13 wrote: View Post
^^^
How did you get them delivered? From the site, it tells me that FedEx doesn't recognize my address. I'm starting to gear up to upgrade from my Athenas and these are on my radar. The center is what is attracting me to these.

cheers
Odd, I had no problems getting mine delivered. I would try giving them a call.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #353 of 363 Old 09-01-12, 11:58 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
................ Our version of "camping" involves a 35' fifth wheel. ........
Our version of camping out is Hampton Inn.

post #354 of 363 Old 09-02-12, 06:28 AM
Senior Shackster

Yoda

My System

Quote:
Odd, I had no problems getting mine delivered. I would try giving them a call.
I'm in Canada, Eastern Canada to boot.

post #355 of 363 Old 09-02-12, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
chashint wrote: View Post
Our version of camping out is Hampton Inn.

Quote:
I'm in Canada, Eastern Canada to boot.
I would definitely give them a call - can't see why they would not deliver there.

post #356 of 363 Old 09-02-12, 01:24 PM
Elite Shackster

Kick logic 2 da curb

Quote:
^^^
How did you get them delivered? From the site, it tells me that FedEx doesn't recognize my address. I'm starting to gear up to upgrade from my Athenas and these are on my radar. The center is what is attracting me to these.

cheers
You have to give EMP a call, and then they will send you a sheet you need to fill out. Just fax it back to them. Their website isn't set up for orders into Canada, but the company does ship to Canada.

Don't underestimate us! Whether it be time, space, or alternate realities, they mean nothing to us! We will pierce the path and methods you've chosen! That is who we are!
post #357 of 363 Old 09-05-12, 01:58 AM

Ron

My System

Quote:
That is good news to me - I had been reading that the electrostat ML's can be a bit tricky to get good sound on...... Thanks!!
I don't know about that... stick them a few feet out from any wall and give them clean power and they will really sing IMO!

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, (2) Yamaha P2500s amps, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
post #358 of 363 Old 08-30-18, 06:25 PM
Shackster

Quote:
bluemax_1 wrote: View Post
That's one of the beautiful things about being an Amazon Prime member: $3.99 1-day shipping and Free 2-day shipping.

BTW, a little off-topic, but aside from paying the $6x.xx for the Prime membership from Amazon (great for folks who regularly purchase items from them) I heard of another way to get Prime membership. Not sure if it still works, but a friend told me that if you order more than $6x.xx worth of baby food/products, Amazon provided Prime membership free. He didn't have any kids, so he bought the stuff (at lower prices than most retail stores) for his friends with kids, LOL!

Biggest savings for me from Prime membership, free shipping for my second pair of Boston Acoustics E100 speakers from Amazon (great sounding speakers BTW! But unfortunately discontinued. Too expensive to make, and at $2500 EACH, they didn't sell well for BA, but I think they might be the best speakers BA has ever made). With the boxes measuring 77"x13"x13" and weighing over 100lbs, shipping for those would have cost a fortune.

If you could ever find a pair of those, you might consider auditioning them too. They pop up on audiogon or Craigslist once in a while at much lower than MSRP. Powered by the Emotiva XPA-1 500 watt monoblock amps I'm using, these puppies really sing. They're a fairy easy load at 89db/w/m sensitivity at 8 ohms, but providing them ample wattage REALLY makes them shine, and boy can they thump with the monoblocks!

I like 'em so much, I have a 7.1 set in the Black Walnut finish (E100's, E70's and E60's) and a 5.1 set in the Cherry finish (E100's and E70's) still new in the box waiting for me to install for 5.1 in the bedroom when I move.

Max
I like the E Series as well. Started with one E100 6 years ago.
post #359 of 363 Old 08-30-18, 06:27 PM
Shackster

Then managed to get two E70s to complete the front.
post #360 of 363 Old 08-30-18, 06:28 PM
Shackster

Above were used and in Black Walnut finish.