Tekton Pendragon Speakers ?? - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 52 Old 08-14-13, 11:00 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Tekton Pendragon?

It will be a while. I won't have time until cooler weather gets here where I will be home most of the weekdays and can really spend quality time with them. We could be looking at October/November time frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 Old 08-15-13, 09:01 AM
Senior Shackster

Dwight

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
It will be a while. I won't have time until cooler weather gets here where I will be home most of the weekdays and can really spend quality time with them. We could be looking at October/November time frame.
Are you reviewing the Lores or the Pendragons in October/November time frame?

Mains- Goldenear Triton One's
Center Channel- Goldenear Super Centre XL
Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50's
Back Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50c's
Atmos -4 x Goldenear HTR 7000's
Amps- Bryston 4Bsst2/Emotiva XPA-5/2 x Marantz M7025's
Processor-Marantz AV7703 Preamp
Projector- Sony VPL-HW55ES
Screen- Elunevision 140 inch 4K Audio Weave
Bluray/Universal player-OPPO 105D
post #43 of 52 Old 08-15-13, 11:55 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

hopefully both haha.

post #44 of 52 Old 08-15-13, 08:18 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

The Pendragons are the HT setup that I hope to review later in the Fall. I will hopefully have the Model Lore in my home mid next week as part of our speaker evaluation next weekend. I will be posting more on that tonight.
post #45 of 52 Old 08-16-13, 07:56 AM
Banned!

I have the Oriel ten with the pendragon center. I like them but tekton gets murdered on other forums for not posting measurements and there design with the 10 inch up top. I will be curious to see how the lore does . Can you take some measurements of the lore and post them ? That would.be great.
post #46 of 52 Old 08-16-13, 12:08 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Owners could open them up and see the design if they wanted.

We do plan on taking some measurements, but most likely just listening position response sweeps. Wayne (AudiocRaver) may decide to do some nearfield measurements.
post #47 of 52 Old 08-18-13, 01:55 PM
Pending
Cyberthingy

My System

Well, I got my Pendragons on Friday and I have to say my first impressions or great. I'm glad I waited. Now I just need to let them break in for a while. I've only been able to listen for about 6 hours so far. I had previously been listening through some Kef iQ70 floorstanders and the Pendragons are a noticeable improvement. I'm not sure I can articulate as well as others how these sound except that I notice more detail and the mids and highs are smoother. I will let them break in and add further comments as appropriate. Although I did have to wait about 9 weeks, I am glad I did. I hope Eric and company manage to streamline the production so that others won't have to wait quite as long without losing any of the quality. Thanks to those that blazed the review trail before me and gave me the courage to risk my purchase without the opportunity to audition them.
post #48 of 52 Old 08-20-13, 06:29 PM
Shackster

My System

Looking forward to the pen review, for sure...

Dana

Jamo C803, Axiom QS8's, CHT SHO-10's , Dual CHT SS-18.1's
Onkyo TX-NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740 73" DLP, Sony PS3, Xbox 360
post #49 of 52 Old 08-26-13, 10:07 PM
Senior Shackster

Jerry

Re: Tekton Pendragon Speakers ??

I look forward to a proper review. Across the internet there are many threads on the Pendragon; but very few people claiming to have and love them who also have established posting histories.
post #50 of 52 Old 08-31-13, 12:05 AM
Shackster

Quote:
gnorvell wrote: View Post
Well, I got my Pendragons on Friday and I have to say my first impressions or great. I'm glad I waited. Now I just need to let them break in for a while. I've only been able to listen for about 6 hours so far. I had previously been listening through some Kef iQ70 floorstanders and the Pendragons are a noticeable improvement. I'm not sure I can articulate as well as others how these sound except that I notice more detail and the mids and highs are smoother. I will let them break in and add further comments as appropriate. Although I did have to wait about 9 weeks, I am glad I did. I hope Eric and company manage to streamline the production so that others won't have to wait quite as long without losing any of the quality. Thanks to those that blazed the review trail before me and gave me the courage to risk my purchase without the opportunity to audition them.
Did you order your Pendragons with or without grills? I originally considered buying some when I upgraded my speakers in my theatre but after reading a few things from people that were having delivery issues and also not getting grills that they had paid for I decided to go in a different direction. But if things start to get better with some of these issues I'd still really like to get a pair of Pendragons for a nice 2-channel setup on my main floor.