$2,500 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

View Poll Results: What speakers would you like to see in the $2,500 speakers evaluation event?
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower (RAAL Tweeter) 399 20.61%
Anthony Gallo Classico CL-4 153 7.90%
Canton Ergo 690 DC 149 7.70%
Definitive Tech BP-8080ST 271 14.00%
Dynaudio DM 3/7 533 27.53%
Golden Ear Triton Two 339 17.51%
GT Audio Works GTA 1 38 1.96%
Magnepan 1.7 545 28.15%
MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL 597 30.84%
Paradigm Studio 60 565 29.18%
Philharmonic Slim Tower 135 6.97%
RBH Sound 1266-SE 79 4.08%
Salk Songtowers RT (RAAL Tweeter) 357 18.44%
Tannoy Precision 6.2 433 22.37%
Tekton Seas Pendragon 199 10.28%
Vandersteen 2ce Signature ll 307 15.86%
Von Schweikert VR-22 192 9.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1936. You may not vote on this poll

post #41 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 04:36 PM
Shackster

My System
Re: $2,500 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll

Quote:
jaypeecee wrote: View Post
Hello Home Theater Enthusiasts,

I would not choose any of these speakers. Instead, I am drawn to high fidelity products rather than fashionable names.

JPC
Like which ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 04:53 PM
J&D
Senior Shackster

My System

I am also very interested in how the RAAL tweeter fares in a comparison. I voted for the Salk but if it ends up being the Ascend that is fine with me also. I would like to have that compared to the seas so the Tekton Pendragon is my next vote and my final vote went to the Triton Two. Looking forward to the seeing who the final contenders are and the results of the comparison.
post #43 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 05:08 PM
Shackster

Quote:
hyghwayman wrote: View Post
The three I picked from the list in the poll were; Anthony Gallo Classico CL-4 / GT Audio Works GTA 1 / Tekton Seas Pendragon , for no other reason than I liked their names. Gallo = Space, GTA = game and I like Dragons

When I first looked at the choices in the poll and didn't see the SVS Ultra Towers on the list I was , thinking they weren't going to be allowed in the evaluation because they would trounce the competition , only to be rewarded for scrolling down further and seeing they already made the short list
Certainly don't want to start an issue but TROUNCE THE COMPETITION. There are some pretty good speakers in this group.

post #44 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 05:22 PM
Shackster

Anthony Gallo Classico CL-4
Paradigm Studio 60
Von Schweikert
post #45 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 05:39 PM
Shackster
JeffB

I see the Von Schweikert VR-22 are lagging a bit in the poles. In the past I have not really looked into Von Schweikert because they seemed out of my price range. The VR-22s look really interesting though. I hope more people take a look at these and start voting for them.

I have been in search for a really magical speaker, something that really gets me into the music and moves me. The Dynaudio line is always well reviewed and respected and when I have heard them, they seem accurate and without any real flaws, but for some reason they just don't quite do it for me.

I put in a vote for the Triton 2. I have heard the Aon bookshelf and the mids and upper frequencies were excellent, but to my ear there was something very wrong with the bass response. I saw one review say the same about the Triton 2 so I almost didn't vote for it. Still it seems almost universally praised as a giant killer.

I also put in a vote for the Song Tower as these get great praise over on audiocircle, the woodworking is fantastic and apparently everybody loves the RAAL tweeter.

Many of the English speakers are hard to demo and find dealer networks, like the Tannoy and Canton. I am reluctant to buy without an in home trial period. I know Von Schweikert, Salk Sound, Ascend, and Magnepan have in home trials and maybe some of the others too.

To my ears the Magnepan 1.7s cannot due justice to heavy metal, which is my primary music. Perhaps it is all about the proper sub-woofer integration and the using the right amplifier. From what I have read equipment synergy is a huge issue with Magnepan.
post #46 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 05:45 PM

Done,vote
post #47 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 05:47 PM
Shackster

My System

I was hoping the VR-22s would sneak in, but it looks unlikely. Looking at the leaders, I would prefer if one of the planar and one of the Raal speakers made it, rather than, say both the Maggie's and ML or both the Ascend and Salk. I just think it would be more interesting with varied types of speakers.
post #48 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 05:47 PM
Banned!

Quote:
NewHTbuyer wrote: View Post
Interesting voting so far. I am not surprised that Salk and Ascend have a lot of votes, although I was kind of hoping for some new blood. Still, it will be an awesome shootout. I can't think of speakers more different than the Songtowers vs. the Pendragons.

Wonder what the surprise speaker will be?
The pendragons with seas drivers are not so different .
post #49 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 05:50 PM
tomeh

My System

I would love to see Newform Research's in there.

Cheers,

Tom eh
post #50 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 05:54 PM
Banned!

The voting numbers seem odd. Suddenly some have 70-80 votes and nobody left a comment for them . Can you vote three times for the same speaker ?