$2,500 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

View Poll Results: What speakers would you like to see in the $2,500 speakers evaluation event?
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower (RAAL Tweeter) 399 20.61%
Anthony Gallo Classico CL-4 153 7.90%
Canton Ergo 690 DC 149 7.70%
Definitive Tech BP-8080ST 271 14.00%
Dynaudio DM 3/7 533 27.53%
Golden Ear Triton Two 339 17.51%
GT Audio Works GTA 1 38 1.96%
Magnepan 1.7 545 28.15%
MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL 597 30.84%
Paradigm Studio 60 565 29.18%
Philharmonic Slim Tower 135 6.97%
RBH Sound 1266-SE 79 4.08%
Salk Songtowers RT (RAAL Tweeter) 357 18.44%
Tannoy Precision 6.2 433 22.37%
Tekton Seas Pendragon 199 10.28%
Vandersteen 2ce Signature ll 307 15.86%
Von Schweikert VR-22 192 9.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1936. You may not vote on this poll

post #51 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 06:09 PM
Shackster

Re: $2,500 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll

Quote:
NewHTbuyer wrote: View Post
I was hoping the VR-22s would sneak in, but it looks unlikely. Looking at the leaders, I would prefer if one of the planar and one of the Raal speakers made it, rather than, say both the Maggie's and ML or both the Ascend and Salk. I just think it would be more interesting with varied types of speakers.
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 06:11 PM

I was hoping to see how the cornscala D's fared but...
post #53 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 06:29 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

I own the Paradigm Studio 100's ,570 and 20's so I am biased as for choosing Paradigm then Dynaudio and finally Salk.

post #54 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 06:58 PM

Salk
Golden Ear
Def Tech
post #55 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

We appreciate all who are interested and all who voted. Thank you!

Quote:
JerryLove wrote: View Post
I'm saddened that this comes in as "receive notification of updates to free software updates, and giveaway announcements."

I'll have to change my preferences to not get those so as to not be asked to come vote in polls.
This really isn't the proper place to lodge a complaint, but since you insist...

For the record... the check box reads: Receive Email from Administrators - We encourage you to leave this checked if you plan to frequent the forums and if you desire to receive notification of updates to free software updates, and giveaway announcements.

Nowhere does it say that free software updates and giveaway announcements are the only things we plan to email you. As a matter of fact, we no longer send out emails about either one of those via Admin emails, thus I will remove it. We include those in our newsletter now, which I am sure if the request to vote in our polls bothered you, the newsletter will cause you to go into the hospital.

It sounds like the only reason you desire to get emails from us is if you are going to benefit by way of REW updates or giveaways. If our other emails bother you enough to cause you not to want to get any mail from us at all (and we do not send that much as it is - maybe 3 or 4 this entire year) then you are likely here for the wrong reasons.

Some folks appreciate what we do... some don't. Obviously you don't, therefore we don't really care if you ever get another update on REW or a notification of a giveaway or not. Your attitude just really does not fit our forum... you would probably fare better somewhere else.

Quote:
jaypeecee wrote: View Post
Hello Home Theater Enthusiasts,

I would not choose any of these speakers. Instead, I am drawn to high fidelity products rather than fashionable names.

JPC
So you are suggesting that none of these on the list are high fidelity? Seriously?

Quote:
tomeh wrote: View Post
I would love to see Newform Research's in there.

Cheers,

Tom eh
I will try to keep those in mind for the next round and maybe we can include them. If you happen to remember, if we do nominations for the next round, mention them to us then.

Quote:
chaluga wrote: View Post
The voting numbers seem odd. Suddenly some have 70-80 votes and nobody left a comment for them . Can you vote three times for the same speaker ?
No... but I can tell you that there are a lot of members who vote but do not post anything, which is not a requirement to vote. You can see who voted for each speaker though... just click on the number of votes.

Quote:
Cradeldorf wrote: View Post
I was hoping to see how the cornscala D's fared but...
As I stated above... maybe we can get them in the voting for next time around. Of course remember that they have to be voted on and the manufacturer has to agree to send them to us. It ain't automatic.
post #56 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 07:18 PM
Senior Shackster

I voted for the Paradigm, Salk and Ascends!
post #57 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 07:19 PM
Banned!

Quote:
JerryLove wrote: View Post
I'm saddened that this comes in as "receive notification of updates to free software updates, and giveaway announcements."

I'll have to change my preferences to not get those so as to not be asked to come vote in polls.
Yeah voting in polls is a real killer. Better stick to avs where no need for polls .. just pick the speaker from a frequency graph.
post #58 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 07:21 PM
Senior Shackster

I want to see how the Digms do against the rest :-)
post #59 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 07:39 PM
Stephen

Hi all,

I'm missing any of the better European active monitors in this list.

On a limited budget (anything except cost-no-object, that is), I'd always recommend saving the $ on a power amp and expensive speaker cables and buying high-end active studio monitors such as:
Genelec 8040B,
Dynaudio Acoustics BM6AMkII,
Focal Solo6 Be, or
Adam Professional Audio A8X.

I have 2 pairs of Genelecs (both with subwoofers) here at home and love them, and the cabling is much easier! (Use a balanced pre-amp, of course.) The University here has a mix of Dynaudio and Adam active monitors and they also provide fantastic price/performance ratios. Avoid the "also ran" non-audiophile brands like Mackie, Behringer, M-Audio, JBL, Event, etc.

...just a thought; I'm not trying to pick a fight...

stp
post #60 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 07:45 PM
Shackster
Dustin

My System
Send a message via MSN to PC509

I voted for three, and oddly enough, they were the 3 highest voted from the poll. So, at least I have some sense (a little, admittedly!).