$2,500 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

View Poll Results: What speakers would you like to see in the $2,500 speakers evaluation event?
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower (RAAL Tweeter) 399 20.61%
Anthony Gallo Classico CL-4 153 7.90%
Canton Ergo 690 DC 149 7.70%
Definitive Tech BP-8080ST 271 14.00%
Dynaudio DM 3/7 533 27.53%
Golden Ear Triton Two 339 17.51%
GT Audio Works GTA 1 38 1.96%
Magnepan 1.7 545 28.15%
MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL 597 30.84%
Paradigm Studio 60 565 29.18%
Philharmonic Slim Tower 135 6.97%
RBH Sound 1266-SE 79 4.08%
Salk Songtowers RT (RAAL Tweeter) 357 18.44%
Tannoy Precision 6.2 433 22.37%
Tekton Seas Pendragon 199 10.28%
Vandersteen 2ce Signature ll 307 15.86%
Von Schweikert VR-22 192 9.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1936. You may not vote on this poll

post #1 of 275 Old 09-11-13, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
$2,500 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll

The speaker nominations for the $2,500 two-channel speaker evaluation event has been closed and the voting now begins. Thanks to all who nominated speakers... we certainly have a lot to choose from. Remember, that even if your favorite speakers do not get selected this round, they could be selected for a later round. We will likely take some of the higher voted speakers for the next round-up, so please vote regardless of whether you believe they will be included in this round or not.

We have NOT contacted all of these speaker manufacturers to see if they will participate, although we have contacted a few. If a speaker is voted in the top 4 and the manufacturer does not want to participate, we will go to the next highest vote getter. In case of a tie, Scoobie will be the tie breaking vote.

Votes are public and viewable.

This IS NOT the poll to select which speakers you think will be chosen by the panelists as their favorites. This poll is for deciding which speakers will be included in the evaluation event.

As previously stated, we are giving our sponsors first priority, so the SVS Ultras and the EP CS2P's are already selected for the evaluation event and both have already agreed to participate.

1. SVS Ultra Tower $2,000
2. Emerald Physics CS2P $3,000
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

What other four speakers will make the cut?

Nominated Speakers MSRP*
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower (RAAL Tweeter) . $2,600
Anthony Gallo Classico CL-4 $2,500
Canton Ergo 690 DC $2,700
Definitive Tech BP-8080ST $3,000
Dynaudio DM 3/7 $2,000
Golden Ear Triton Two $3,000
GT Audio Works GTA 1 $2,700
Magnepan 1.7 $2,000
MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL $2,195
Paradigm Studio 60 $2,500
Philharmonic Slim Tower $2,700
RBH Sound 1266-SE $2,600
Salk Songtowers RT (RAAL Tweeter) $2,700
Tannoy Precision 6.2 $2,600
Tekton Seas Pendragon $2,500
Vandersteen 2ce Signature ll $2,400
Von Schweikert VR-22 $2,900
*MSRP rounded to the nearest $100.

The average MSRP is approximately $2,500.

Maximum MSRP allowed is $3,000.

If you are not familiar with what the evaluation will consist of, please see The Official $1,000 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event Results

Let the voting begin!

Voting will end on midnight of 9/30/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 275 Old 09-11-13, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: $2,500 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll

This is a tough choice for me... just not sure what I would like to hear most out of all of these.
post #3 of 275 Old 09-11-13, 06:04 PM

Ron

My System

I guess I am the first to vote! I picked the 3 that I did because I would like to see how they fare against each other.

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, (2) Yamaha P2500s amps, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..

post #4 of 275 Old 09-11-13, 07:20 PM
Senior Shackster

Ray

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to cavchameleon

I voted for both of the speakers with the RAAL tweeters, very curious how they compare. I also have always like Dynaudio products, so that was my third. There are a LOT of good speakers on that list though, so the choice is pretty hard.

Ray

Happy Listening!!! Listen with an open mind and heart!!!
post #5 of 275 Old 09-11-13, 07:54 PM
Senior Shackster

Martin logan esl.
post #6 of 275 Old 09-11-13, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

I voted for the Ascends with the RAAL, just to try to get one of the RAAL tweeters in the house... and they look more intimidating than the Salks.

I voted MartinLogans since I am really curios about those, being that I own ML's.

I voted on the Maggies because when I talked to Wendell at Magnepan today, he tells me the MG12's were definitely not big enough for my room and that the 1.7's shouldn't have an issue with the genie's voice on Three Wishes. He also said the bass is much better on these.

Doesn't look like my last two have a chance right now, but it's still early. If not this round, maybe they make the next.
post #7 of 275 Old 09-11-13, 11:50 PM
Shackster

My System

I had a hard time choosing, but I ended up voting for the Tekton, VR-22s, and Ascend. The Tekton have generated so much attention, good and bad, I was hoping to see them included. I had the Ascends and VR-22 on my short list when I was looking but never got to get them in my house. It looks dim, but hopefully some more folks will vote for the VR-22s. I would find it very interesting how a speaker from a company that sells super high end stuff sounds compared to the other, more well known offerings. The VR-22s really sounded good at RMAF.
post #8 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 01:12 AM
Senior Shackster

Ryan

I can't help it I'm biased. I had to pick the MartinLogan Electomotion ESL's since I own a pair. I'd like to how they compare to the Magnepan's and Salk SongTowers, both brands I had considered before going the ML route.
post #9 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 03:53 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
I voted for the Ascends with the RAAL, just to try to get one of the RAAL tweeters in the house... and they look more intimidating than the Salks.

I voted MartinLogans since I am really curios about those, being that I own ML's.

I voted on the Maggies because when I talked to Wendell at Magnepan today, he tells me the MG12's were definitely not big enough for my room and that the 1.7's shouldn't have an issue with the genie's voice on Three Wishes. He also said the bass is much better on these.

Doesn't look like my last two have a chance right now, but it's still early. If not this round, maybe they make the next.
I would be eager to hear what you guys have to say about the Ascends if you get em.

The MLs sounded good to me but the sweet spot was so small I would have to put my head in a vice to enjoy the sound. Any slight movement ruined the soundstage.

The 1.7s are still one of the best I've heard. But, I wonder if you have enough amp for them?
post #10 of 275 Old 09-12-13, 07:20 AM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman

The three I picked from the list in the poll were; Anthony Gallo Classico CL-4 / GT Audio Works GTA 1 / Tekton Seas Pendragon , for no other reason than I liked their names. Gallo = Space, GTA = game and I like Dragons

When I first looked at the choices in the poll and didn't see the SVS Ultra Towers on the list I was , thinking they weren't going to be allowed in the evaluation because they would trounce the competition , only to be rewarded for scrolling down further and seeing they already made the short list

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

F.S. SB13-Ultra