Seaton Sound Catalyst 8C Powered Home Theater Loudspeaker Discussion Thread - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 67 Old 01-24-14, 08:20 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System
Re: Seaton Sound Catalyst 8C Powered Home Theater Loudspeaker Discussion Thread

Quote:
zamboniman wrote: View Post
Absolutely agree! It took me a long time to come to this conclusion. It's a mythical goal. Fortunately, I didn't go broke on the journey. Once I got past that hump it was easy to focus in on speakers that get the most important job done. Producing music that's "fun" to listen to. Hence my ending up with the catalysts and speaker upgraditis being dead. No longer am I fidgeting with stuff or wondering what if I did X. It's turn it on and have a blast.

Don't get me wrong there are a lot of wonderful sounding speakers out there. But there was always an exception with all of them. They do this or that good.. or sound better with certain music.. or they have to be placed in a strict location and work well for this small spot to listen in. You can go on and on. The catalyst is the first speaker I can just forget about and listen. Hiding them behind a screenwall takes it even further. Sometimes you forget what's behind there.
Seeing posts like this makes me want to bug Mark again about how the stands are coming along - soooo looking forward to getting my new Catalysts up and going!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 67 Old 01-24-14, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

No kidding. How can you stand the wait?? Get it? STAND the wait? Hee, hee. Sometimes I just kill myself!
post #43 of 67 Old 01-24-14, 02:52 PM
Senior Shackster

Dwight

I would be busting. I hope they arrive soon for you

Mains- Goldenear Triton One's
Center Channel- Goldenear Super Centre XL
Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50's
Back Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50c's
Atmos -4 x Goldenear HTR 7000's
Amps- Bryston 4Bsst2/Emotiva XPA-5/2 x Marantz M7025's
Processor-Marantz AV7703 Preamp
Projector- Sony VPL-HW55ES
Screen- Elunevision 140 inch 4K Audio Weave
Bluray/Universal player-OPPO 105D

post #44 of 67 Old 01-24-14, 05:34 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post
No kidding. How can you stand the wait?? Get it? STAND the wait? Hee, hee. Sometimes I just kill myself!
Very nice.
post #45 of 67 Old 01-25-14, 07:43 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post

post #46 of 67 Old 03-26-14, 06:54 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Has anyone heard from Mark lately? I have been trying to contact him for some time, and I cannot seem to get a hold of him. Hope he is ok.....

post #47 of 67 Old 03-26-14, 07:52 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

As in Mark Seaton?

I have seen him posting on other forums yesterday and days before.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #48 of 67 Old 03-26-14, 07:56 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
As in Mark Seaton?

I have seen him posting on other forums yesterday and days before.
Thanks - evidently, he is just avoiding my calls then...

post #49 of 67 Old 03-26-14, 08:44 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

I know he is on lots of forums and constantly doing subcontracting for clients so I would assume he is just busy and maybe just somehow missing your messages. I dont know how customer service is with him but he seems like a great guy to chat with. SO I am hoping its just something simple.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #50 of 67 Old 03-26-14, 09:17 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
I know he is on lots of forums and constantly doing subcontracting for clients so I would assume he is just busy and maybe just somehow missing your messages. I dont know how customer service is with him but he seems like a great guy to chat with. SO I am hoping its just something simple.
Agreed - he is a great guy to chat with. I am sure he he is busy and they have AXPONA coming up, but waiting four months for stands after I spent thousands of dollars for the speakers really has me feeling pretty inconsequential and perhaps my business is not desired.

I was hoping to have provided some impressions for these in my own room by now...