The Official $3,000 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 28 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes

post #271 of 273 Old 07-08-15, 11:49 AM
Shackster

Re: The Official $3,000 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

HTS Reviews of this kind are far superior to most others where everything is a ridiculous competition to the death. The ubiquitous shootouts found elsewhere are just juvenile IMO.

There is no way that products (such as speakers) that are rated so subjectively by an individual or testers can be be given a numerical score that is meaningful. If speakers A,B,C & D are tested & I like 'C' the best, it doesn't matter to me what the others might think. 'C' would be my choice even though it might not be for others.

Kudos to HTS for testing in this manner. It shows maturity, professionalism & for me is the reason why HTS remains a cut above the rest ...

TAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 273 Old 07-08-15, 04:45 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Of the three speaker review events, the only one where a "winner" was attempted to be defined was the first. The criteria was all about what fit Sonnie's need at the time. As it turned out, there was a general concensus around two of the speakers, but we quickly learned that all of the speakers had aspects which would be of value to some and few attributes that would lead us to reject them. That makes sense if you think about the market and how we picked from very reputable vendors. And there are many of those.

If you read carefully you will see that we were careful to include much information about placement and how easy or difficult it was to get what we expected in terms of soundstage presentation, and were not concerned so much with frequency response. This is because while speakers are highly subjective with respect to overal frequency balance, the room affects this so much that the combination of room, placement, and speaker may yield very different results for most users.

Bottom line is that we agree with exlabdriver's comment above in principle, though by the standards of posting here, we would not be so harsh in criticizing other reviews.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #273 of 273 Old 07-30-15, 09:38 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
bann wrote: View Post
the speaker is so cool ,but a little expensive
1/3 the price, 97% of the sound.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...t-results.html