My HUGE center channel under construction from RAW Acoustics ~50" wide, 3-way, ribbon tweeter - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 63 Old 03-07-14, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System
Re: My HUGE center channel under construction from RAW Acoustics ~50" wide, 3-way, ribbon tweeter

Haha, you're OCD like me, otherwise I would have skipped the matching veneer. You'd be surprised how reasonable his rates are and the new Triton kits are going to be incredible.

Vizio XVT-553SV - Anthem MRX-500 - Vincent SAV-P200 - Xbox One - Xbox 360 - WD Live TV - Sony DVP-S7700 - RAW Acoustics Lambda Plus line arrays - RAW Acoustics HT4 towers (rear) - RAW Acoustics Apex C II center - Rythmik FV15HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 63 Old 03-24-14, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System
Re: My HUGE center channel under construction from RAW Acoustics ~50" wide, 3-way, ribbon tweeter

Veneer is on! I talked to Al over the weekend and the speaker is now at the cabinet maker's for sanding/finishing. I am extremely excited!!!

Vizio XVT-553SV - Anthem MRX-500 - Vincent SAV-P200 - Xbox One - Xbox 360 - WD Live TV - Sony DVP-S7700 - RAW Acoustics Lambda Plus line arrays - RAW Acoustics HT4 towers (rear) - RAW Acoustics Apex C II center - Rythmik FV15HP
post #13 of 63 Old 03-29-14, 04:44 PM
RAW
Senior Shackster
Al

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
Wow those look killer. Great setup. Is that an OB subwoofer system?
No the Apex C is a twin slot ported design tuned to just below 30HZ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/282790...7639877858246/

Find some more info here

Ya I have been out for a few years but been busy for the last few years designing for several companies.
A lot for CSS with 10 more designs coming for CSS.As I do not have my shop anylonger it is a lot of work for me to build one off projects.I did this Apex C in the same veneer to match the Lambda arrays I did for CSS years which we took to RMAF 2004 with Dan Wiggins..

post #14 of 63 Old 03-29-14, 05:26 PM
RAW
Senior Shackster
Al

Frequency response from 0 to 40 off axis horizontally.

These Apex C ranged from 1600.00 up depending on the veneer as well as crossover components.
post #15 of 63 Old 03-29-14, 10:53 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Looks pretty awesome down to 50hz.

I would have loved to have chatted with Dan Wiggins. Jealous of you there.

"Music is the space between the notes"
“[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.”
post #16 of 63 Old 03-31-14, 07:33 PM
RAW
Senior Shackster
Al

Thanks ya in room as you can see not too bad

Dan Wiggins yes I spent many days driving down to spend even 2hrs with Dan learning Praxis how to use and do acoustic measurements then also LSPCAD Pro.Dan was someone who I could spend a lot of time with and he was more than generous to show me whatever i wanted to learn.

Nothing like driving across the border driving to Lynnwood (2hr drive including clearing customs) to spend 2 or 3hrs with him some times 2 times a week.

Man well over 10yrs ago now..
post #17 of 63 Old 04-05-14, 12:47 AM
RAW
Senior Shackster
Al

Quote:
Architect7 wrote: View Post
Haha, you're OCD like me, otherwise I would have skipped the matching veneer. You'd be surprised how reasonable his rates are and the new Triton kits are going to be incredible.
Just noticed you said Triton no correction the new kits are CRITON 1 and Criton 2 each using a pair of the LDW7 woofers in a sealed cabinet tuned to 57hz.And the MLTL plans are just finishing which will put them down in the low 30hz range easy.
post #18 of 63 Old 04-15-14, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System

Quote:
RAW wrote: View Post
Just noticed you said Triton no correction the new kits are CRITON 1 and Criton 2 each using a pair of the LDW7 woofers in a sealed cabinet tuned to 57hz.And the MLTL plans are just finishing which will put them down in the low 30hz range easy.
Ha, thanks for catching that, major typo on my part.

post #19 of 63 Old 04-15-14, 08:27 PM
Shackster

Awesome setup!
post #20 of 63 Old 04-15-14, 09:24 PM
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Very nice. Have never had a chance to work with a nice line array.

Enjoy!