My HUGE center channel under construction from RAW Acoustics ~50" wide, 3-way, ribbon tweeter - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 63 Old 06-18-14, 12:47 AM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Architect7 wrote: View Post
I built a new platform for the Lovan stand to fit the larger footprint of the Apex C II:
Very nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 63 Old 07-01-14, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System
Re: My HUGE center channel under construction from RAW Acoustics ~50" wide, 3-way, ribbon tweeter

I've had quite a few people ask about how to buy something like my center. Al has informed me that it is configurable as both a vertical tower as well as horizontal center like mine. Here's the kit info if you have the ability to build your own cabinet.

I will make kits for this if anyone is interested.
1-CSS RT ribbon tweeter
2-Wavecor mids
4_LDW7 Wavecor Woofers
Crossover parts 16G air core inductors,Mundorf Capacitors plus Mills resistor for the tweeter crossover
Teflon Silver 16Wire,Silver Solder,Screws Gaskets,Tie straps for crossover parts
Cabinet plans with crossover plans all info on a DVD.
$1145.00

Al can be contacted via username RAW on here.

After a couple weeks with this center, I am still enjoying every new viewing experience. This thing is crystal clear and plays LOUD with no audible distortion. I continue to be impressed every time I use it!

Vizio XVT-553SV - Anthem MRX-500 - Vincent SAV-P200 - Xbox One - Xbox 360 - WD Live TV - Sony DVP-S7700 - RAW Acoustics Lambda Plus line arrays - RAW Acoustics HT4 towers (rear) - RAW Acoustics Apex C II center - Rythmik FV15HP
post #53 of 63 Old 07-14-14, 05:52 PM
Shackster

Re: My HUGE center channel under construction from RAW Acoustics ~50" wide, 3-way, ribbon tweeter

Your cat sitting on what looks to be a preamp or HTPC case gave me a big chuckle!

Nice center channel BTW!

post #54 of 63 Old 07-14-14, 06:01 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Architect7 wrote: View Post
I've had quite a few people ask about how to buy something like my center. Al has informed me that it is configurable as both a vertical tower as well as horizontal center like mine. Here's the kit info if you have the ability to build your own cabinet.

I will make kits for this if anyone is interested.
1-CSS RT ribbon tweeter
2-Wavecor mids
4_LDW7 Wavecor Woofers
Crossover parts 16G air core inductors,Mundorf Capacitors plus Mills resistor for the tweeter crossover
Teflon Silver 16Wire,Silver Solder,Screws Gaskets,Tie straps for crossover parts
Cabinet plans with crossover plans all info on a DVD.
$1145.00

Al can be contacted via username RAW on here.

After a couple weeks with this center, I am still enjoying every new viewing experience. This thing is crystal clear and plays LOUD with no audible distortion. I continue to be impressed every time I use it!
Do you know the sensitivity and also the impedance?

How does the 4 woofer vs. two woofer compare in impedance and sensitivity?
post #55 of 63 Old 07-14-14, 06:06 PM
Shackster

It's using the 120mm Wavecor midrange drivers right?

That must be a very nice sounding center!
post #56 of 63 Old 07-14-14, 08:23 PM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

Excellent looking build - man now I have a bad case of the DIY build bug.......

LOVE the Arrays AND the OB Subs.... my next project will be OB subs.... though Im dying to go all in on some B&G NEO 10s for the array LCR and subsequent surrounds .... The Dayton PT2C-8 is still my fav high end though...
post #57 of 63 Old 07-14-14, 09:17 PM
RAW
Senior Shackster
Al

Above is 0-40 off axis Horizontally which is VERy good for such a large 3way center.

Below is the 20 and 40 off axis VERTICAL yes vertical for the APEX C Wavecor build. Another words standing in the middle of the speaker standing 3feet back and the mic was placed at 52" off the floor.

Now impedance you ask for below

SPL for the APEX C wavecor is 88db
Yes all Wavecor drivers plus the CSS Ribbon tweeter from Arum Cantus.
post #58 of 63 Old 07-14-14, 09:17 PM
RAW
Senior Shackster
Al

Glad to hear you are living large....
post #59 of 63 Old 07-20-14, 04:49 PM
Shackster

Quote:
RAW wrote: View Post
Glad to hear you are living large....
Hi RAW,

How much am I looking at for say a set of LCR in black?
post #60 of 63 Old 07-20-14, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System

Quote:
HiroPro wrote: View Post
Your cat sitting on what looks to be a preamp or HTPC case gave me a big chuckle!

Nice center channel BTW!
That was my Rotel RSX-1056 before I got my Anthem. Great cat heater! Now I have a larger Bello stand with a cat bed and integrated heating pad for her on the very top.

Vizio XVT-553SV - Anthem MRX-500 - Vincent SAV-P200 - Xbox One - Xbox 360 - WD Live TV - Sony DVP-S7700 - RAW Acoustics Lambda Plus line arrays - RAW Acoustics HT4 towers (rear) - RAW Acoustics Apex C II center - Rythmik FV15HP