Klipsch Reference, Aperion Audio, or SVS - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 17 Old 04-11-14, 12:16 PM
Senior Shackster

Re: Klipsch Reference, Aperion Audio, or SVS

You are in the states and you have tons of options . The best deals you wont find on a brick store but truth ID companies like Aperion or SVS and you have a 30 day trial . I heard good things from the Aperion and SVS but it all comes down to what you like since it's your money

For a receiver take a look at accessories4less
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 04-11-14, 08:14 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

You say you know what this stuff sells for...just for my own reality check...Please tell me what you expect to pay for a specific set of Klipsch speakers. It can be for a pair or for a 5-7 speaker set, but be specific about the model numbers.
post #13 of 17 Old 04-11-14, 09:41 PM
Senior Shackster
John

My System
Send a message via Skype™ to phazewolf
I have seen some Home theater shops give there best deal and there price was 3x what you could find the same item online at several different sites. The markup can be crazy at some places and they seem to feel that if you walked in there door that you have not looked around and they can take you for a ride.

As for room treatments GIK has some great stuff and if you call them can help you with how much and placement of the traps.

post #14 of 17 Old 04-11-14, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Chris Hunt

My System
Quote:
chashint wrote: View Post
You say you know what this stuff sells for...just for my own reality check...Please tell me what you expect to pay for a specific set of Klipsch speakers. It can be for a pair or for a 5-7 speaker set, but be specific about the model numbers.
Relatively speaking. I don't have cost guides of every speaker on the market, but with the online resources available I have been able to call on most local retail HT shops I've gotten quotes from. They "package" everything up, tell you they're giving you a deal, meanwhile I'm able to use online resources (many of which coming from members of this forum) and get significantly better pricing. I guess they bank on those customers who come in knowing very little about the products, have deep pockets, and don't ask questions. Lots of those folks in Dallas!

Chris Hunt
McKinney, TX
post #15 of 17 Old 04-11-14, 10:59 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

Ok
post #16 of 17 Old 04-13-14, 04:03 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

The last time I was using a local B&M Shop, I just played honest with them. I always used the same salesman (they do work on commision) & told hip up front.

"I can buy this stuff online, but I would rather keep the money local, so if you can work with me--I don't mind paying a bit more for the store front. But I'm not going to pay retail!"

This approach worked great for me. The guy would see me coming & come greet me & we would talk. I told him what I would pay (I was fair) & 95% of the time it was a sale.

That being said: I had to buy my PB13U online. There was no way they could compete.
post #17 of 17 Old 04-17-14, 06:09 PM
Aperion Audio
Mike

With the on-line companies, they tend to be at a lower cost as they don't have the overhead of B&M locations.

You will find that both the Klipsch and Aperion bookshelf have strong attributes but will have significant different sound qualities. The RB62 should be quite bright compared to the VGB due to the different tweeters being used. So you will need to determine what type of sound you are looking for.

I would look hard at the warranty and the trial time, as well as the return policy. Some will even cover the return shipping cost if you are not satisfied.

The SVS subs can generally go lower than the Bravus 12D, and is what I recommend to anyone that wants deep low bass under 30hz.

Hope this helps!