Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

How to keep off dust from speakers

Tags
dust
3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  hyghwayman 
#1 ·
I donot have a separate room as a home theatre. In my living room i have placed the psb speakers. Is ther a way to keep off the dust settling on the speakers.

#2 ·
Keeping them in the box is perhaps the only way to accomplish that. Dust is everywhere, and there's really nothing you can do about it. High gloss black paint is the worst for showing dust and fingerprints -and light reflections - which is why I avoid it whenever possible. Other finishes are better at hiding it.

#3 ·
Play them really loud! The dust just vibrates off:D

#5 ·
All joking aside keeping the speaker grills on also helps a lot, they are included for a reason.

#8 ·
I think you just have to keep dusting them off. You might be able to set them up in a clean room with negative air flow, but this probably would cost you more than it is worth. I worry more about dust getting into my amps and receiver.
+1 on the AVR. Mine has been serviced, so I don't mind pulling the chassis cover and hitting it with compressed air. My rack doesn't have doors, so between my 3kids and cat, the dust flies! I dust and clean my gear weekly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.