Klipsch RC-64 II - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Unfortunately the stand I have has to stay. It really doesn't look bad as is and the tv base has for rubber feet so there's no damage being done to the speaker from contact. The weight is my only concern.
Four rubber feet…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 04:03 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System
Re: Klipsch RC-64 II

Thanks.
Just dreaming, I'll get over it in a few years.

I know it's not really a fair question, but do you think the price of admission was worth it compared to the RC-62 ?
post #43 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
chashint wrote: View Post
Thanks. Just dreaming, I'll get over it in a few years. I know it's not really a fair question, but do you think the price of admission was worth it compared to the RC-62 ?
If I had to be honest…no not really. It's impressive but at over twice the cost I'd say you get to that point of diminishing returns. If that makes sense? Part of the reason I wanted it was partly aesthetics. Hope that doesn't sound vain…

post #44 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 04:54 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
If I had to be honest…no not really. It's impressive but at over twice the cost I'd say you get to that point of diminishing returns. If that makes sense? Part of the reason I wanted it was partly aesthetics. Hope that doesn't sound vain…
That's why you buy the 64 the first time then you don't wonder what if. But i was single at the time as well.
post #45 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
B- one wrote: View Post
That's why you buy the 64 the first time then you don't wonder what if. But i was single at the time as well.
Where's the fun in that? Fiscal responsibility is overrated.
post #46 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 05:45 PM
Shackster
Jon M Rife

My System

First Post

Just auditioned a 64II past weekend as possible replacement for my RC-7.

Thought I had a problem with the 7. Turns out the SQ coming from DirecTv was the culprit.

Would have loved to keep the 64II, but could not justify since it was virtually identical in SQ to the RC-7. The 7 is on a custom wall mount above my PioElite. Would have had to get a new mount to accommodate the 64II.

I vacillated, but in the end decided to return the RC-64II. Wow. $100 bucks shipping including insurance! Oh well. I am not in this hobby to save money!
post #47 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
You are right though I wish I would have just started with the RC-64 II. To be honest I wasn't really sure how far I wanted to go with this but once you catch the bug it's hard to stop. I can say I'm done upgrading with the center channel as this is it but now I'm wondering how much of an upgrade the front L/R would be with RF-7's? I think I'll probably do a projector and screen first but I really wanted to move and have a dedicated room first. The dedicated room and move will have to wait another year to year and a half as I want to finish putting my daughter through college. Also, I was kidding with the fiscally responsible comment and my wife and I are rather aggressive with our retirement savings plan. I'll never let my hobbies affect that.
post #48 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 09:04 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
I usually buy bigger, but I went with rf 63 over the 83 due to weight, there hard to move. I had an Energy setup before and the center was about the size of the rc 62 so the rc. 64 was a no brainer for me when I switched speakers.
post #49 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
It's definitely a beast of a center channel!
post #50 of 56 Old 06-18-14, 10:34 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

Thanks, most of the time I am happy with what I have.
Then someone will get a RC-64 or a PB-13 Ultra or a top of the line AVR or almost anything else.... LOL .... and I will start wondering.