Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Home Audio Speakers (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-speakers/)
-   -   Pioneer AJ or Sony Cores?? (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-speakers/172618-pioneer-aj-sony-cores.html)

The_Nephilim 01-03-18 02:18 PM

Pioneer AJ or Sony Cores??

Hey All,

I was looking for some new speakers I currently have a mishmash setup and I need to get a decent set of speakers.. I am thinking 3 for now L/C/R and budget is about 500USD.. I would like to get some floor standers and seen the following speaker sets:

1. Pioneer Andrew Jones L/C/R

2. Sony Core L/C/R

I currently have some Sony's and I think they sound decent.. I have a small/med size room with an Integra 40.3 Reciever with a 18" Mach 5 IXL 18.4 Subwoofer with a iNuke 3000DSP amp..

Now the sub is great and no need to worry about bass as I have tons with the IXL.. I would like to get a decent front set to start and later add the surrounds.. I am looking to do 7.0 and I will use my current surrounds until I can get some others to go with the set I choose..

Now with that and especially if you own either I would like to hear what you have to say about either set.. I would like to get either because price I tend to like Budget prices but have expensive tastes ;)

OR where can I get some Shacksters reviews of either speaker??

theJman 01-04-18 08:55 AM

Re: Pioneer AJ or Sony Cores??

Champagne tastes with a beer wallet is really not possible to satisfy, unless you find a killer sale, so you'll likely have to pick which of those 2 is more important and then go from there. You're heading in the right direction though as both of the speakers you're considering are known as being solid values. Based upon what I've read the Sony's may have a slight edge over the Pioneers when it comes to overall sound quality.

If you want a few more possibilities check out the HTD Level Two series and the Premier Acoustic speakers. Both are known for high value products.

The_Nephilim 01-04-18 12:37 PM

Quote:

theJman wrote: (Post 1598665)
Champagne tastes with a beer wallet is really not possible to satisfy, unless you find a killer sale, so you'll likely have to pick which of those 2 is more important and then go from there. You're heading in the right direction though as both of the speakers you're considering are known as being solid values. Based upon what I've read the Sony's may have a slight edge over the Pioneers when it comes to overall sound quality.

If you want a few more possibilities check out the HTD Level Two series and the Premier Acoustic speakers. Both are known for high value products.

Basically I was looking at either of the two I listed but those you listed how do they compare to the ones I listed quality wise?? IS there any reviews from users here on these forums that use the brands you listed??

theJman 01-04-18 01:07 PM

The discussion thread for my HTD review has a number of posts so perhaps you can find something of value there. I don't know of any other threads about the 4 speakers in question though, at least not ones discussing those products exclusively. All of those companies have been around for a while so I would imagine a google search would turn up plenty of information.

The_Nephilim 01-04-18 06:04 PM

Hey theJman,

Thank you for your review, I think I might go with these after all.. I will continue to do some more looking into some more reviews but I think these might be a decent pair to get..

Tony Macalpine Great Musician.. ;)

theJman 01-04-18 06:32 PM

Few people have ever heard of Tony Macalpine, so it's always nice to run across a kindred spirit. :T

The_Nephilim 01-04-18 07:47 PM

Quote:

theJman wrote: (Post 1598817)
Few people have ever heard of Tony Macalpine, so it's always nice to run across a kindred spirit. :T

Yes I remember the Quarter to midnight track Edge of Insanity album back in the day..

The_Nephilim 01-08-18 02:20 PM

well good news I found a set of Premiere Acoustics for a very good price.. it is a 5.0 set featuring the PA-6F set.. I think I am going to grab those and I think they will fit the bill nicely..

Still need to sort if I can get the money needed to purchase them this week.. I may need to sell some stuff on ebay..

theJman 01-08-18 05:04 PM

Congrats! Glad you found something that works. Be sure to come back and post your impressions of the speakers.

The_Nephilim 01-13-18 04:42 PM

I was wondering if these surround speakers are bipole/dipoles??

http://www.premieracoustic.com/buyno...round+Speakers

thank you