Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Home Audio Speakers (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-speakers/)
-   -   MartinLogan Montis and StageX Loudspeaker Review Discussion Thread (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-speakers/73172-martinlogan-montis-stagex-loudspeaker-review-discussion-thread.html)

AudiocRaver 02-14-14 01:31 PM

MartinLogan Montis and StageX Loudspeaker Review Discussion Thread

291 Attachment(s)
MartinLogan Montis and StageX Speaker Review Discussion Thread

MartinLogan Website
Montis MSRP: $9995 Pair
StageX MSRP: $3295 Each
Available at your Authorized
MartinLogan Dealer

by Wayne Myers

Introduction

When Home Theater Shack owner Sonnie Parker first received his new pair of Montis speakers from MartinLogan, he sent me an email reporting that he had quickly set them up, guessing at the best location and angle for two-channel listening in his home theater, plugged them in, sat down to listen, started up some music, and found them sounding so great he about cried. He listened to them for hours on end almost without touching that initial setup over the next few weeks until I arrived to evaluate the Montis and the accompanying MartinLogan StageX center channel speaker for this review.

When I first heard the MartinLogan Montis, I instantly understood what he meant. Everything about their presentation was just downright impressive. That was the first of two times that I would get chills over the next few days while working with Montis and StageX speakers.

Read the full MartinLogan Montis and StageX Speaker Review.

ALMFamily 02-14-14 01:42 PM

Re: MartinLogan Montis and StageX Loudspeaker Review Discussion Thread

Having had a chance to read through the review already, I was astounded by the amount of effort Wayne and Sonnie put into doing this review - great job!

Really looking forward to seeing/ hearing them!

Sonnie 02-14-14 03:42 PM

Sonnie? This is all Wayne... my only part was having the speakers.

Awesome review by the way! :clap:

Peter Loeser 02-14-14 03:42 PM

No kidding. Excellent review guys! I need to step up my game. Would love to just sit and listen while these guys tinker and test.

edit: Well Sonnie, you are doing a stellar job of having speakers!

ALMFamily 02-14-14 04:06 PM

Quote:

Sonnie wrote: (Post 680685)
Sonnie? This is all Wayne... my only part was having the speakers.

Awesome review by the way! :clap:

I am guessing you provided the muscle while Wayne listened to see if you needed to adjust more - that is worth something (or I do even less at our evaluations than I thought! :))

Sonnie 02-14-14 06:06 PM

There ya go... I did the heavy lifting, although the Montis are pretty light compared to the Prodigy's.

I do know it sounded considerably better after he left than when he got there, and I thought they were pretty good to start with.

Tonto 02-14-14 07:02 PM

Sonnie, all I can say is congradulations. I know how pleased you were with you last set up, I can only imagine how satisfied you must feel now. My guess is you are home now, I'm happy for you knowing how much you enjoy this!

theJman 02-14-14 07:54 PM

I haven't read through the entire review yet, but I did notice something that might need your attention... when you click on the StageX picture at the top all you get is an error message. The link for the pic is broken.

AudiocRaver 02-15-14 01:58 AM

291 Attachment(s)
Quote:

theJman wrote: (Post 680735)
I haven't read through the entire review yet, but I did notice something that might need your attention... when you click on the StageX picture at the top all you get is an error message. The link for the pic is broken.

Got it fixed. Thanks.

Almadacr 02-15-14 10:24 AM

Nice review , at some point i would like to ear myself this speakers but they are hard to find locally and to have a serious listening and at the Montreal show never ML was present officially .