Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Home Audio Speakers (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-speakers/)
-   -   Klipsch RC-64 II (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-speakers/82498-klipsch-rc-64-ii.html)

tonyvdb 06-13-14 08:46 PM

Re: Klipsch RC-64 II

Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 793810)
I have not sold it yet. :)

Must avoid the temptation :whistling:

JBrax 06-13-14 09:18 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

tonyvdb wrote: (Post 793890)
Must avoid the temptation :whistling:

Embrace the temptation! :)

willis7469 06-13-14 09:58 PM

58 Attachment(s)
Quote:

JBrax wrote: (Post 793946)
Embrace the temptation! :)

This is good advice! Mwahahaha! I know Beeman used his center as a stand, but I like riser idea personally. (Whisper)Tony, you need a new center...
Btw, jbrax, that center is awesome!

JBrax 06-13-14 10:20 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

willis7469 wrote: (Post 794018)
This is good advice! Mwahahaha! I know Beeman used his center as a stand, but I like riser idea personally. (Whisper)Tony, you need a new center... Btw, jbrax, that center is awesome!

Thanks, I think it will be a nice improvement. I really don't want to sit my tv on it but the furniture grade wood feels as though it would be sturdy enough. Hopefully Beeman chimes in at some point.

tonyvdb 06-13-14 10:37 PM

The only movie I've watched where I really noticed my rc52 struggle was believe it or not Frozen. The vocals during the singing are so solidly anchored to the centre channel and it could not deal with it.
No money available to upgrade now sadly so it will have to wait :(

willis7469 06-13-14 10:44 PM

58 Attachment(s)
Quote:

tonyvdb wrote: (Post 794130)
The only movie I've watched where I really noticed my rc52 struggle was believe it or not Frozen. The vocals during the singing are so solidly anchored to the centre channel and it could not deal with it. No money available to upgrade now sadly so it will have to wait :(

I hear that. Ya just do whatcha can do when ya can do it. And yes I think frozen has a pretty dynamic track also. Although I just saw in my new S/V, it got 3/5. Some of the notes said(huge paraphrase) things like sounds not matching the environment. Like when Elsa's singing in the newly formed ice castle, it sounds like dead studio space without any reverb. ...better watch it again.

JBrax 06-13-14 10:48 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

tonyvdb wrote: (Post 794130)
The only movie I've watched where I really noticed my rc52 struggle was believe it or not Frozen. The vocals during the singing are so solidly anchored to the centre channel and it could not deal with it. No money available to upgrade now sadly so it will have to wait :(

Frozen huh? Could it possibly need more power? As for the money situation sorry to hear but I'm not in a big hurry to sell it so maybe a bit later?

tonyvdb 06-14-14 08:42 AM

I can't for one second believe that it was running out of power, remember I have the Onkyo 805 and it's amp section is a beast plus I'm running a two channel amp on the mains.
Later is a possibility but later for me will be august at best?

chashint 06-15-14 08:31 PM

Now that you have had the RC-64 for a few days what are your impressions of it compared to the RC-62?

I have RF-83's and a RC-62 and it is a great combo, but every now and then I yearn for a RC-64.

I know the Reference II series are a little different but horizontal center speakers are a little different than the matching towers anyway so if I were to up grade I would go with a NIB RC-64II.

JBrax 06-15-14 08:49 PM

221 Attachment(s)
Quote:

chashint wrote: (Post 796354)
Now that you have had the RC-64 for a few days what are your impressions of it compared to the RC-62? I have RF-83's and a RC-62 and it is a great combo, but every now and then I yearn for a RC-64. I know the Reference II series are a little different but horizontal center speakers are a little different than the matching towers anyway so if I were to up grade I would go with a NIB RC-64II.

I have yet to put it in place (killing me) because I'm having a tv stand custom built to house the new speaker. I thought about temporarily setting my 60 pound display directly on it but thought better of it. I was hoping BeeMan would chime in but it seems he's on a sabbatical from the forum?