Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Home Audio Speakers (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-speakers/)
-   -   nu-b help with speakers (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-speakers/83146-nu-b-help-speakers.html)

ezover 06-19-14 07:25 PM

nu-b help with speakers

hey guys i am hoping you all can point me in the right direction.

about a month ago i bought some speakers at a charity auction.

i am trying to get a sense of the quality and value of them. at the moment i trying to decide if i should keep them or sell them.

BTW, i know nothing about sound systems so if i keep them this will be my first go at a home theater system and i could use some suggestions picking out a sub woofer and a 5.1 receiver ?? or amplifier??

the units i bought are brand new and sealed in the factory boxes,

they are truadiou's BLU-6R and 6L, a BLU-5C, and a (2)BLU-5SUR. i am not sure how to get a build date from them.
any help in suggesting a price if i were to sell them would be awesome,

if i keep them to hook up to my big screen which 5.1 receiver/amp would you recommend in the 200 / 300 dollar range, and my BIL said he has a sub woofer for me but i will need to get info on it and post later.

thanks in advance for taking your time to help me with this.

phillihp23 06-19-14 11:48 PM

Re: nu-b help with speakers

What i could find...truadiou's BLU-6R and 6L went for $600 each in 2004 when they were first sold new.
Specs
BLU-6R / 6L
Description: Sold Separately. Speaker Type: LCR - Midrange Configuration: (1) 6.5" - Tweeter (Horn) Configuration: (1) 1" - Amplifier (Watts): 150 - Impedence (Ohms): 8

BLU-5C
Description: Speaker Type: Center Channel - Woofer Size: (2) 5.25" - Tweeter (Horn) Configuration: (1) 0.75" - Max Power (Watts): 120 - Impedence (Ohms): 8

BLU-5S
Description: Sold as pair. Speaker Type: Dual Bookshelf - Woofer Size: (1) 5.25" - Tweeter (Horn) Configuration: (1) 0.75" - Tweeter Type: Aluminum - Impedence (Ohms): 8

ezover 06-20-14 06:09 AM

thanks,

i guess i was hoping some one had used them before. i tihink i will hook'em up and see what happens.

tcarcio 06-20-14 07:24 AM

I would hook them up and see how you like the sound. I would probably run them a bit to break them in and then you would be in a better position to make a decision. You may find you like their sound and want to keep them.