sub purchase advice 2k budget - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 08:53 AM
Elite Shackster
Todd Anderson

My System
Re: sub purchase advice 2k budget

Quote:
SuperFan wrote: View Post
I saw that thread this morning.... Great deal on those and really great that he's giving some of the purchase price to a local charity. Those look impressive and even more so for the price. Just got a call from FedEx to arrange my delivery time this morning though so I'm pretty excited about setting up the v1500's and seeing what they can do!
Great choice...I think you're pretty much guaranteed satisfaction. Definitely take the time to set them up right...and strongly consider adding in some kind of EQ in conjunction with REW measurements. It's a game changer and will make your subs sound incredibly tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 02:24 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

Jim

My System

Quote:
BD55 wrote: View Post
Craig Chase is selling off inventory (take a look at his thread in the home audio speakers). You could get the MQ-600 + 4 (FOUR!) SBE-118s for $1500 + shipping. I was the winner of the Dayton SA1000 + dual SBE-118 and they are AWESOME!

That's a steal!

-Jim

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
post #13 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Well I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and the 2 v1500 arrived this morning (Thurs). Nice advantage of living in the Midwest and some quick shipping by PSA! So far all I can say is WOW! I have only had a chance to get one of them fully setup in the basement but holy cow..... After placing it in one of my typical decent locations for subs did some quick audyssey work and level cal. Popped in a few movies to give it a spin before wrestling #2 down the stairs.

The depth charge scene from u571.... My wife popped her head down and asked if she should be worried for the structural integrity of the house ... My couch felt like I had buttkickers installed. I've never experienced that level of bass in my home. I felt like I was next to those guys in the submarine wondering if I would make it back to see my loved ones

I was running it way hotter than I normally would but it was something pretty incredible. The single v1500 blew away the volume and tactile feel of my previous older DUAL SVS 16-46. Wasn't even in the ballpark as far as overall experience.

Still need to play with positions, get second one fully fired up and going and get some REW love going on. So far in the little amount of use these have far exceeded my expectations. Volume, tightness of bass and overall quality of the finish is really top notch. I got the dual core antimode coming in soon to pair up with them so very excited to see what these will look and sound like pre and post eq!

post #14 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 02:52 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Congrats, I can sense your excitement. Some great demo material you've picked out to test it out. It can only get better after you get that second sub in place.
post #15 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 04:04 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System
Y'all are making me want to buy stuff to replace other stuff that I am perfectly happy with.

STOP IT!!!
post #16 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 04:08 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
chashint wrote: View Post
Y'all are making me want to buy stuff to replace other stuff that I am perfectly happy with. STOP IT!!!
RF-7 II's & RC-64 II!
post #17 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

That's how it always starts, a little tickle in the back of your thoughts.... Good luck! Its very contagious.
post #18 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 06:01 PM
Elite Shackster
Charlie

My System

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
RF-7 II's & RC-64 II!
Cold, stone cold I say.
post #19 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 07:46 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
SuperFan wrote: View Post
Well I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and the 2 v1500 arrived this morning (Thurs). Nice advantage of living in the Midwest and some quick shipping by PSA! So far all I can say is WOW! I have only had a chance to get one of them fully setup in the basement but moo cow..... After placing it in one of my typical decent locations for subs did some quick audyssey work and level cal. Popped in a few movies to give it a spin before wrestling #2 down the stairs.

The depth charge scene from u571.... My wife popped her head down and asked if she should be worried for the structural integrity of the house ... My couch felt like I had buttkickers installed. I've never experienced that level of bass in my home. I felt like I was next to those guys in the submarine wondering if I would make it back to see my loved ones

I was running it way hotter than I normally would but it was something pretty incredible. The single v1500 blew away the volume and tactile feel of my previous older DUAL SVS 16-46. Wasn't even in the ballpark as far as overall experience.

Still need to play with positions, get second one fully fired up and going and get some REW love going on. So far in the little amount of use these have far exceeded my expectations. Volume, tightness of bass and overall quality of the finish is really top notch. I got the dual core antimode coming in soon to pair up with them so very excited to see what these will look and sound like pre and post eq!
Awesome. Have you named them yet?
post #20 of 25 Old 05-07-15, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Ha ha! I might need a little more alone time with them before we get to be on a first name basis with each other.