KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread - Page 20 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #191 of 365 Old 09-07-13, 06:50 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 4,015
Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Speaking of serious bass, I have just been listening to Nine Inch Nails album Hesitation Marks in 24bit 96khz and it has some very deep bass, in fact it may be not be everyone's cup of tea so to speak but it is just incredible how articulate the DXD808 sounds, with each pulsating note taking hold of you and going through you and my sofa
recruit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #192 of 365 Old 09-07-13, 07:37 AM
Shackster
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Quote:
recruit wrote: View Post
Speaking of serious bass, I have just been listening to Nine Inch Nails album Hesitation Marks in 24bit 96khz and it has some very deep bass, in fact it may be not be everyone's cup of tea so to speak but it is just incredible how articulate the DXD808 sounds, with each pulsating note taking hold of you and going through you and my sofa
Groovy! Has anyone here changed the default bass setting in their DXD from the "THX" rolloff to the flat setting inside the plate amp? I understand there are dip switches inside for this function-similar to the toggle switch on the back of the M&K subs (MX-350,, MX-5100, etc)... I have mine set to the "THX" rolloff.
Thedus is offline  
post #193 of 365 Old 09-07-13, 07:45 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 4,015
Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Quote:
Thedus wrote: View Post
Groovy! Has anyone here changed the default bass setting in their DXD from the "THX" rolloff to the flat setting inside the plate amp? I understand there are dip switches inside for this function-similar to the toggle switch on the back of the M&K subs (MX-350,, MX-5100, etc)... I have mine set to the "THX" rolloff.
I have mine set as it came when new, so have not changed anything, I do not feel the need to, saying that when I had my MX5100SF I always had it set to the THX setting anyway and felt that it gave the best response when playing around with the settings.
recruit is offline  
 
post #194 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 04:08 AM
Senior Shackster
lesmor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 153
Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Hi Guys
Things have been quiet for a while so I thought Id post a question or 2

So far I have been unsuccessful in selling my MK Sound MX-350's ( Thought I had but deal fell through, long story )

What would your view be of running mixed subs?

I am sure I read somewhere not to use different models of subs in your setup, but how much of a mistake would that be?

Keeping what I have and perhaps adding 2 KK-2012's would be the ideal solution to not loosing money on my original subwoofers, but obviously not at the risk of degrading the performance of the system as a whole

Thanks in advance
Andy
lesmor is offline  
post #195 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 12:00 PM
Elite Shackster
 
asere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,761
My System
Quote:
lesmor wrote: View Post
Hi Guys
Things have been quiet for a while so I thought Id post a question or 2

So far I have been unsuccessful in selling my MK Sound MX-350's ( Thought I had but deal fell through, long story )

What would your view be of running mixed subs?

I am sure I read somewhere not to use different models of subs in your setup, but how much of a mistake would that be?

Keeping what I have and perhaps adding 2 KK-2012's would be the ideal solution to not loosing money on my original subwoofers, but obviously not at the risk of degrading the performance of the system as a whole

Thanks in advance
Andy
I own one 12012 and a Hsu vtf3 mk4. I tried to use both but end result I was not happy with the combination because the 12012 had more mid bass but was lost combining. Now I'm back to just the 12012. Also KK has a trade in program you could try.
asere is offline  
post #196 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 12:16 PM
Senior Shackster
lesmor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 153
Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
I own one 12012 and a Hsu vtf3 mk4. I tried to use both but end result I was not happy with the combination because the 12012 had more mid bass but was lost combining. Now I'm back to just the 12012. Also KK has a trade in program you could try.
Thanks for the reply which unfortunately confirms my fears that the different models would be detrimental to each other

Being UK based the KK trade in program does not apply here or it might have been an ideal solution

Thanks again
Andy
lesmor is offline  
post #197 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 12:18 PM
Elite Shackster
 
asere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,761
My System
Quote:
lesmor wrote: View Post
Thanks for the reply which unfortunately confirms my fears that the different models would be detrimental to each other

Being UK based the KK trade in program does not apply here or it might have been an ideal solution

Thanks again
Andy
You could call and ask but shipping will get you.
asere is offline  
post #198 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 01:17 PM
Senior Shackster
lesmor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 153
Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
You could call and ask but shipping will get you.
Thanks for the suggestion

Unfortunately the website is very specific in that

The trade in promotion applies to customers who reside in the USA only
lesmor is offline  
post #199 of 365 Old 09-22-13, 01:24 AM
Shackster
 
oakboy37's Avatar
phillyb
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 23
Lets be honest L-sound are a bit er useless promoting the brand here as well eh?

I wish more manufacturers offered the trade in over here(uk) as well would save a lot of hassle.

Older,Budweiser!!
oakboy37 is offline  
post #200 of 365 Old 09-22-13, 03:40 AM
Senior Shackster
lesmor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 153
Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Quote:
oakboy37 wrote: View Post
Lets be honest L-sound are a bit er useless promoting the brand here as well eh?

I wish more manufacturers offered the trade in over here(uk) as well would save a lot of hassle.
Well KK could not have had a better dealer than FH in the UK, also L-sound's pricing seems more expensive than when FH was selling the brand (Might have been a promotional price) I suppose they have to cover the "Free delivery" and exchange rate somehow

Don't get me wrong L-sound is a good company, I've used them before, and you can't beat their 45 day return policy
As good as these Subs are anyone will tell you should demo any equipment at this price point which is now not possible in the UK

The trade in is a brilliant option, and apparently very generous, which makes a refreshing change, so hats off to Ken for offering that even though it only applies to the USA
lesmor is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dxd , kk , owners , thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now




PLEASE COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED FIELDS BELOW... THANKS!

REQUIRED FIELDS ON THIS PAGE
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THESE

Username
Password
Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2




User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
PLEASE READ BELOW PRIOR TO ENTERING AN EMAIL ADDRESS!

ATTENTION!

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

AN INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE DELETED!

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML is not allowed!
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome