KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread - Page 20 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes

post #191 of 365 Old 09-07-13, 06:50 AM
Banned!

Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Speaking of serious bass, I have just been listening to Nine Inch Nails album Hesitation Marks in 24bit 96khz and it has some very deep bass, in fact it may be not be everyone's cup of tea so to speak but it is just incredible how articulate the DXD808 sounds, with each pulsating note taking hold of you and going through you and my sofa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 365 Old 09-07-13, 07:37 AM
Shackster

Quote:
recruit wrote: View Post
Speaking of serious bass, I have just been listening to Nine Inch Nails album Hesitation Marks in 24bit 96khz and it has some very deep bass, in fact it may be not be everyone's cup of tea so to speak but it is just incredible how articulate the DXD808 sounds, with each pulsating note taking hold of you and going through you and my sofa
Groovy! Has anyone here changed the default bass setting in their DXD from the "THX" rolloff to the flat setting inside the plate amp? I understand there are dip switches inside for this function-similar to the toggle switch on the back of the M&K subs (MX-350,, MX-5100, etc)... I have mine set to the "THX" rolloff.
post #193 of 365 Old 09-07-13, 07:45 AM
Banned!

Quote:
Thedus wrote: View Post
Groovy! Has anyone here changed the default bass setting in their DXD from the "THX" rolloff to the flat setting inside the plate amp? I understand there are dip switches inside for this function-similar to the toggle switch on the back of the M&K subs (MX-350,, MX-5100, etc)... I have mine set to the "THX" rolloff.
I have mine set as it came when new, so have not changed anything, I do not feel the need to, saying that when I had my MX5100SF I always had it set to the THX setting anyway and felt that it gave the best response when playing around with the settings.

post #194 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 04:08 AM
Senior Shackster
lesmor

Hi Guys
Things have been quiet for a while so I thought Id post a question or 2

So far I have been unsuccessful in selling my MK Sound MX-350's ( Thought I had but deal fell through, long story )

What would your view be of running mixed subs?

I am sure I read somewhere not to use different models of subs in your setup, but how much of a mistake would that be?

Keeping what I have and perhaps adding 2 KK-2012's would be the ideal solution to not loosing money on my original subwoofers, but obviously not at the risk of degrading the performance of the system as a whole

Thanks in advance
Andy
post #195 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 12:00 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
lesmor wrote: View Post
Hi Guys
Things have been quiet for a while so I thought Id post a question or 2

So far I have been unsuccessful in selling my MK Sound MX-350's ( Thought I had but deal fell through, long story )

What would your view be of running mixed subs?

I am sure I read somewhere not to use different models of subs in your setup, but how much of a mistake would that be?

Keeping what I have and perhaps adding 2 KK-2012's would be the ideal solution to not loosing money on my original subwoofers, but obviously not at the risk of degrading the performance of the system as a whole

Thanks in advance
Andy
I own one 12012 and a Hsu vtf3 mk4. I tried to use both but end result I was not happy with the combination because the 12012 had more mid bass but was lost combining. Now I'm back to just the 12012. Also KK has a trade in program you could try.
post #196 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 12:16 PM
Senior Shackster
lesmor

Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
I own one 12012 and a Hsu vtf3 mk4. I tried to use both but end result I was not happy with the combination because the 12012 had more mid bass but was lost combining. Now I'm back to just the 12012. Also KK has a trade in program you could try.
Thanks for the reply which unfortunately confirms my fears that the different models would be detrimental to each other

Being UK based the KK trade in program does not apply here or it might have been an ideal solution

Thanks again
Andy
post #197 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 12:18 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
lesmor wrote: View Post
Thanks for the reply which unfortunately confirms my fears that the different models would be detrimental to each other

Being UK based the KK trade in program does not apply here or it might have been an ideal solution

Thanks again
Andy
You could call and ask but shipping will get you.
post #198 of 365 Old 09-21-13, 01:17 PM
Senior Shackster
lesmor

Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
You could call and ask but shipping will get you.
Thanks for the suggestion

Unfortunately the website is very specific in that

The trade in promotion applies to customers who reside in the USA only
post #199 of 365 Old 09-22-13, 01:24 AM
Shackster

phillyb

Lets be honest L-sound are a bit er useless promoting the brand here as well eh?

I wish more manufacturers offered the trade in over here(uk) as well would save a lot of hassle.

Older,Budweiser!!
post #200 of 365 Old 09-22-13, 03:40 AM
Senior Shackster
lesmor

Quote:
oakboy37 wrote: View Post
Lets be honest L-sound are a bit er useless promoting the brand here as well eh?

I wish more manufacturers offered the trade in over here(uk) as well would save a lot of hassle.
Well KK could not have had a better dealer than FH in the UK, also L-sound's pricing seems more expensive than when FH was selling the brand (Might have been a promotional price) I suppose they have to cover the "Free delivery" and exchange rate somehow

Don't get me wrong L-sound is a good company, I've used them before, and you can't beat their 45 day return policy
As good as these Subs are anyone will tell you should demo any equipment at this price point which is now not possible in the UK

The trade in is a brilliant option, and apparently very generous, which makes a refreshing change, so hats off to Ken for offering that even though it only applies to the USA