KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes

post #41 of 365 Old 08-17-13, 08:39 AM
Banned!

Re: KK DXD 808/12012 Owners Thread

Quote:
kenny powers wrote: View Post
Swapped L&R and correct way round now, what a plonker.
I bet your system rocks Andrew :thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 365 Old 08-17-13, 09:48 AM
Shackster

Quote:
recruit wrote: View Post
I bet your system rocks Andrew :thumbup:
It does mate and it sounds better than I thought it would it such a small room. Since selling the old place the missus didn't want my gear in the living room so I've had to squeeze it all into a spare room. The plasma would've had to be high up above the fire place which I would have hated anyway, so its worked out quite well.

I'm certain it will sound even better once we get our new place built and if the budget allows me to add a second 12012. When are you planning on making yours a duo?

I had my sub behind me, corner loaded like Ken suggested in his earlier post till a few weeks ago but I think it was too overpowering in my small room that way. Have you tried yours this way?
post #43 of 365 Old 08-17-13, 10:28 AM
Banned!

Quote:
kenny powers wrote: View Post
It does mate and it sounds better than I thought it would it such a small room. Since selling the old place the missus didn't want my gear in the living room so I've had to squeeze it all into a spare room. The plasma would've had to be high up above the fire place which I would have hated anyway, so its worked out quite well.

I'm certain it will sound even better once we get our new place built and if the budget allows me to add a second 12012. When are you planning on making yours a duo?

I had my sub behind me, corner loaded like Ken suggested in his earlier post till a few weeks ago but I think it was too overpowering in my small room that way. Have you tried yours this way?
I would love a dedicated room but I do not think that will be possible now, but I'll have to slum it for the time being with it being in the lounge, tbh I do not have room to put mine right up in the corner as my ProAc's take up so much room but if it sounded off then I would certainly of tried different positions in the room but where it is, sounds very very good indeed, even if I'm getting 90% it is a bloody good 90 of it's performance

Not too sure tbh when I am going to get another, when I can afford to I suppose Lol! but for now I am enjoying what I have got, watched Pain & Gain last night and I must say the bass in that film was brilliant, real punch to it, just made me chuckle every time, and with a huge grin on my face, it's bass presented the Ken Kreisel way

post #44 of 365 Old 08-17-13, 07:15 PM
Senior Shackster

Hi guys ! I'm new to HTS and also the owner of a single DXD12012 and looking forward to discussing this wonderful sub,that is until there's sub's to discuss
post #45 of 365 Old 08-18-13, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Something I was thinking about yesterday, I wonder what the same maximum volume level is for the follow combinations,

Single 808
Single 12012
Duo 808 etc etc

From the sub some measurements it seems its outdoor 2m value is 105db, so indoors corner loaded you get +12db, but then younlose -3 to -6db from listening like 3-4m away. So that makes its limit at about 114db. Which with the combined lfe channel and satellites 0 is at Max 123db, its save to use a single 808 or 12012 up to -10 without damaging it?

Then a duo would be 6db higher so approximately -5 then you would need a trio or quattro for reference or higher bass?

I am not sure if I am miles off or not, what do you guys think?
post #46 of 365 Old 08-18-13, 12:57 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Darkmatter wrote: View Post
Something I was thinking about yesterday, I wonder what the same maximum volume level is for the follow combinations,

Single 808
Single 12012
Duo 808 etc etc

From the sub some measurements it seems its outdoor 2m value is 105db, so indoors corner loaded you get +12db, but then younlose -3 to -6db from listening like 3-4m away. So that makes its limit at about 114db. Which with the combined lfe channel and satellites 0 is at Max 123db, its save to use a single 808 or 12012 up to -10 without damaging it?

Then a duo would be 6db higher so approximately -5 then you would need a trio or quattro for reference or higher bass?

I am not sure if I am miles off or not, what do you guys think?
Are you asking if you can run a single -10 db from 0 with out damage?
post #47 of 365 Old 08-18-13, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Yes well it was more as a guidelines whats a safe max output level for each configuration?
post #48 of 365 Old 08-18-13, 01:22 AM
Senior Shackster

On more than one occasion I've watched movies at 0 with an additional + 5db hot on the sub output, in fact it was tonite watching Wrath of the Titans and the 12012 just got louder and louder as the room and chair shook . I really don't know how hard it can be driven and to be honest that's as high as I'm willing to go as its a terrifying experience and don't know what i'll do when I stack the second I just love its clean, clean output.
post #49 of 365 Old 08-18-13, 01:30 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
I don't watch near reference levels only with volume at 40 to 50 and my 12012 sounds amazing with clean tight bass. I can't imagine how much better it would sound at reference.
post #50 of 365 Old 08-18-13, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Audiofan1 wrote: View Post
On more than one occasion I've watched movies at 0 with an additional + 5db hot on the sub output, in fact it was tonite watching Wrath of the Titans and the 12012 just got louder and louder as the room and chair shook . I really don't know how hard it can be driven and to be honest that's as high as I'm willing to go as its a terrifying experience and don't know what i'll do when I stack the second I just love its clean, clean output.
lol +5 for the sub is a bit beyond what I would listen to.

It was more I was watching star wars episode 1 pod race scene at -10 wondering what the same max volume I could turn it up before I broke it! (Like recruit the 808 is my baby so I am very protective about it!)