Slaughter House Cinemas (Project Thread) - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 345 Old 07-18-08, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Re: New basement HT Posting progress photos

Ok here is an updated diagram, with measurements. I am starting to get a little concerned about the projector location as if I place it all the way back to the 24' mark (23' if I move the wall back a foot) that the dispersion will intersect with peoples heads! Take a look and give me your recommendations. (North is the side with the entry door (top))

Ht Room Layout Before Construction

Click the image again to get a full size view.

Last edited by akakillroy; 07-18-08 at 05:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 345 Old 07-18-08, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
bpape wrote: View Post
Again, don't push all the way to the edge of the zoom. The other option is to do a false wall and bring the screen forward 2'. That MIGHT let you do what you want and stay away from the edge.
We may end up bringing the east wall (screen wall) in around 11-12" to enclose the drain pipe, that will shorten the room by nearly a foot.

Quote:
Another option is to build a soffit and hide the PJ in there. That'll gain you some room and an easy way to hide wiring.
I am working with a very limited ceiling clearance, the soffet is killing me brings down the ceiling to 6'7 1/2" then I have to worry about clearing peoples heads!
post #33 of 345 Old 07-18-08, 05:47 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Bryan Pape

Send a message via AIM to bpape Send a message via Skype™ to bpape

Soffit in the back will be behind the seating area hopefully so headroom isn't an issue.

Bryan

I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Bryan Pape
Lead Acoustician/Owner
Sensible Sound Solutions

post #34 of 345 Old 07-18-08, 06:08 PM
Elite Shackster

David

Quote:
Soffit in the back will be behind the seating area hopefully so headroom isn't an issue. Bryan
What about the soffit above the first row???
post #35 of 345 Old 07-18-08, 06:09 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Bryan Pape

Why would you want one there? Soffits generally are only around the perimeter of the room.

Bryan

Bryan Pape
Lead Acoustician/Owner
Sensible Sound Solutions
post #36 of 345 Old 07-18-08, 08:52 PM
Elite Shackster

David

Quote:
Why would you want one there? Soffits generally are only around the perimeter of the room. Bryan
You see what happens when you don't explain things???

What I meant to say was, to build a box to install the projector or maybe just hang the projector avobe or just behind the first row, so he doesn't have to worry about people banging their heads on the projector ...
post #37 of 345 Old 07-19-08, 10:58 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Bryan Pape

lol. Gotcha. I just read it wrong. That's doable I guess. I was just trying to facilitate it going back farther as was mentioned.

Bryan

Bryan Pape
Lead Acoustician/Owner
Sensible Sound Solutions
post #38 of 345 Old 07-19-08, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
salvasol wrote: View Post
:What I meant to say was, to build a box to install the projector or maybe just hang the projector above or just behind the first row, so he doesn't have to worry about people banging their heads on the projector ...
That looks like its going to be the best position as I am going to move the drain, as seen in this shot:
As far back as I can get it, that will take up with furring (2x4 on side) about 6" then I can get back 15' to clear the I-Beam and duct work HERE as there is about 15" where I can place the mount. This will put the front row right below the projector. HERE you can see the detail of the location where the projector will be mounted, a front view facing away from the projector the middle of the room is where the floor joist that is in the middle of the photo HERE. I am still debating on bringing the wall forward around the drain or just boxing it in. If I measure so my eye level (36" in my sofa, that I am using currently for the front row) and I measure 1/3 up on the screen that puts the screen about 16" off the floor! With the top of the screen at 75" That puts the top of the screen right beneath the soffet for the drain, and would I suppose make a nice top valance for the screen?

Does anyone know is the measurements on the screen take in account of the frame, or is the 120" for example not include the frame? So if the screen is 59" its actually 61" for a 2" frame, and 111" for the width, if that is what it is then I will be only 14" from the floor and not perfectly 1/3 up on the screen at eye level.

If I knew this was going to be this hard I think I would have thought twice about starting this LOL.

I received my projector Friday! along with the mount and cable si I may hook it up and see what things look like ;-)
post #39 of 345 Old 07-19-08, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
carls64 wrote: View Post
Does anyone know is the measurements on the screen take in account of the frame, or is the 120" for example not include the frame? So if the screen is 59" its actually 61" for a 2" frame, and 111" for the width, if that is what it is then I will be only 14" from the floor and not perfectly 1/3 up on the screen at eye level.
Looks like the ezFrame Screen has a 3" frame so that changes things yet again, not instead of 59" high the total screen size is 65" so, if I get the drain against the wall and up against the ceiling I have the frame against the top, I have the fur down 2" for the water pipes, that leaves me with a 7'5" ceiling but the soffet around the drain will be only 6" so I am going to just move the pipe against the wall, that will shorten the room by 6" but at the 15' mark I will be in good shape to mount the projector, and be at about 1.65 of 2.0x on my zoom keeping me back 35% away from my zoom? Does that sound right?
post #40 of 345 Old 07-19-08, 03:52 PM
Elite Shackster

David

Quote:
carls64 wrote: View Post
... Does anyone know is the measurements on the screen take in account of the frame, or is the 120" for example not include the frame? So if the screen is 59" its actually 61" for a 2" frame, and 111" for the width, if that is what it is then I will be only 14" from the floor and not perfectly 1/3 up on the screen at eye level....
I dont think it uses the frame around the screen ... I'm sure that you have to measure from the point where you'll get the picture ... we'll wait to see what the experts say

Quote:
...If I knew this was going to be this hard I think I would have thought twice about starting this LOL.... ;-)
It'll be worth it ... when you start enjoying your new HT you'll forget all this troubles.

Just be prepared because after you finish the room ... you'll keep upgrading/changing everything again ... this is a non-stop hobby