Eeek... Wife Moving at Light Speed! - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

21Likes

post #81 of 110 Old 02-22-17, 06:42 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Eeek... Wife Moving at Light Speed!

Roger that Lou!!! Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 110 Old 02-24-17, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post
And... playing dumb can be the better part of being smart!
I think jtalden once said something to the effect that "Forgiveness is easier than permission."

Well, I may have to push my luck because WAF says the albums stay. After clearing the room of extra furniture/clutter and re-arranging album crates against the back wall to make room for the new HT seats, it's become clear that properly locating the mains is going to be as serious an issue as it was before. Extending the bass traps from ceiling-to-floor will eat up valuable floor space that was previously occupied by the sub. Maybe measurements will show the traps aren't needed. Maybe not. In any case it's going to be a rough experiment, because the traps won't be easily removed when there's an equipment rack on one side and a speaker on the other. The speaker will have to be moved to excavate the bottom trap, which makes for poor repeatability. Suggestions and/or comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

This main is shown 3.5ft off the front wall:
Eeek... Wife Moving at Light Speed!-img_1911.jpg

The same main sits 6.75ft from the back "wall" of crates:
Eeek... Wife Moving at Light Speed!-img_1914.jpg

The seats' full upright position have B=3ft 2in and full recline D=5ft 10in:
Name:  seatcraft-trenton-main-image_4.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  17.4 KB Name:  product-side-view.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  4.6 KB

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Lumen; 02-24-17 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Added pics and edited for content
post #83 of 110 Old 02-27-17, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

First, I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just venting. Please skip to the next post if you're sensitive to negativity.

Start
...But this is my life, and last weekend slathered icing on a moldy cake. Best Buy's Geek Squad was supposed to install my TV wall mount on Saturday during a 4-hour window (I've gone DIY couple times without incident, but my current TV will be a seriously heavy piece of hardware suspended over seriously expensive gear. A mishap would be devastating!). Anyway, the plan was to have the A/V rack present and assembled in time to properly position the TV above the center channel. Also, express delivery would allow me to reassemble the system and run some preliminary tests with REW to familiarize myself with time domain measurements. So having put other plans aside AND having paid for overnight delivery of the A/V rack, I waited for Geek Squad's arrival. As the last few minutes of my 4-hour window ticked by, I finally decided to call and was told - after being redirected twice for a total 23 minute hold time - that I had to reschedule. Their reason vaguely hinted at an absentee installer. Trying not to go ballistic, I firmly but politely explained how lame that was, especially since I had called the night before to confirm. I then asked why nobody had bothered to inform the affected customers. Silence. I should have cancelled and hired someone else, but was able to squeeze a substantial discount out of them. Let's see if they show up Wednesday. I can only envision scenes out of the movie Money Pit: "Two weeks, two weeks!"
End

I guess I shouldn't complain because there are much worse things in life. But on my behalf, my 3-4 hour daily commute seriously undermines my free time.
Thanks for letting me vent!

post #84 of 110 Old 02-27-17, 11:46 AM
Elite Shackster

My System

Vent away Lou! You're right. There are worse things in life, but that doesn't mean that it's ok what happened to you. I deleted my own rant that I was going to bolster yours with, but just know I agree. And wish I cousins a wake up call to the brain donors who run these things.
Lumen likes this.
post #85 of 110 Old 02-27-17, 01:26 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Wish you the best my friend. Ifin you were home today I could help you with that as I am going through your area today on the way up north. Oh well, I m still sorry for your issue.
Lumen likes this.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #86 of 110 Old 02-27-17, 04:55 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
I guess I shouldn't complain because there are much worse things in life. But on my behalf, my 3-4 hour daily commute seriously undermines my free time.
Thanks for letting me vent!
If I had to commute for 3-4 hours a day, I'd be pretty depressed as well!.. I get annoyed if I'm travelling for just an hour!
Lumen likes this.

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

post #87 of 110 Old 02-28-17, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System
Eeek... Wife Moving at Light Speed!

The kind people here are holding back I think. I realize there are people with different skill sets. Some are handy with building projects, others not. I guess that's what keeps service-oriented companies and contractors in business.

So I am really helping save the economy, don't you think?!

Let's see if Geek Squad shows up this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ellisr63 likes this.

post #88 of 110 Old 03-02-17, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Geek Squad Installation a success!
The crew showed up at the beginning of my 4-hour window and proceeded to blitzkrieg through the installation. I'll be posting pics later today - how exciting, eh?

Seats Arrive Safely... NOT!
Well, I'll make up for that with some pics of my pallett of HT seats that arrived this morning. Once again I was first on the list! Someone was asleep at the wheel of the forklift, though. Both seats were damaged; one was just scraped, but the other was punctured through the footrest. Not to worry, though. The carrier said he's never had to return one. You get to keep it because it's cheaper for the the manufacturer to just ship a new one!

post #89 of 110 Old 03-02-17, 02:06 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

So Lou. Do you get a free seat?
post #90 of 110 Old 03-02-17, 02:57 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
Someone was asleep at the wheel of the forklift, though. Both seats were damaged; one was just scraped, but the other was punctured through the footrest. Not to worry, though. The carrier said he's never had to return one. You get to keep it because it's cheaper for the the manufacturer to just ship a new one!
Some Gorilla tape on the damage and your good to go. Thats a great score if they just leave them behind for you.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900