Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 in an 11x14 dedicated HT - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

9Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 04-20-17, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Re: Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 in an 11x14 dedicated HT

Since so many of you were kind enough to take your time and weigh in, and I have ALMOST completed the theater, I wanted to post an update. The theater is built, wired, and we have now watched a few movies in it. I have not completed the sound deadening or all of the digital tweaking, but the preliminary results are rather surprising.

I decided to stick with the 7.2.4 configuration. Contrary to popular opinions, the bass is awesome in both rows of seats. By "awesome", I mean a truly sick level of bass, to the point where I actually think I might like it better with just one sub on. The dialogue is crisp and present. Surround actually works pretty well. The only audio deficiency (aside of excessive audio reflection from lack of sound absorption) is with the ATMOS presence speakers. I am trying to see if I can get away with not mounting them on the ceiling because I don't want to run wires through the attic (or have wires show). They still work, but the sound is a bit too localized. I will experiment with angles, volume and delay, but I predict that I will ultimately have to move the presence speakers to the ceiling.

As soon as I finish the room, I will start a new thread with photos of the full build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 07-07-17, 08:09 PM
Shackster

david yurik

Re: Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 in an 11x14 dedicated HT

I wonder how the presence would sound by moving the speakers to the corners like this?? I would think above your head would be preferred but not having actual experience I can not say. Looking forward to the build thread.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 in an 11x14 dedicated HT-dts-x.jpg  

basement
AVR - Yamaha RX-V867 AMP 1 - Acurus 200X3 ( for the fronts ) AMP 2 - Behringer EP4000 ( for the subs ) AC FILT - Harbor Freight power strip DISPLAY - Hitachi 15 year old 57" 1080i
MAIN - Bang & Olufsen Redline 140 CENTER - Bang & Olufsen Redline 140 SURROUND - Monoprice 6 1/2" in ceiling SURROUND BACK - Monoprice 6 1/2" in ceiling SUB - Dual PSB 10" passive
post #33 of 33 Old 08-24-17, 12:26 AM

Lightbulb Re: Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 in an 11x14 dedicated HT

Quote:
Zakk wrote: View Post
Since so many of you were kind enough to take your time and weigh in, and I have ALMOST completed the theater, I wanted to post an update. The theater is built, wired, and we have now watched a few movies in it. I have not completed the sound deadening or all of the digital tweaking, but the preliminary results are rather surprising.

I decided to stick with the 7.2.4 configuration. Contrary to popular opinions, the bass is awesome in both rows of seats. By "awesome", I mean a truly sick level of bass, to the point where I actually think I might like it better with just one sub on. The dialogue is crisp and present. Surround actually works pretty well. The only audio deficiency (aside of excessive audio reflection from lack of sound absorption) is with the ATMOS presence speakers. I am trying to see if I can get away with not mounting them on the ceiling because I don't want to run wires through the attic (or have wires show). They still work, but the sound is a bit too localized. I will experiment with angles, volume and delay, but I predict that I will ultimately have to move the presence speakers to the ceiling.

As soon as I finish the room, I will start a new thread with photos of the full build.

I have a almost similar room (10.5 X 13). I want to setup 7.2.4. Can you please share the equipment and plan of your setup. it would help me in setting mine. Thanks in Advance.