Pimp My Garage - Page 15 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #141 of 213 Old 04-30-11, 07:05 PM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

Re: Pimp My Garage

Brad,

The seating looks fantastic

I have the same ghetto wiring for my recliners

Simon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 213 Old 04-30-11, 07:10 PM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

Hey Brad,

While I think of it. Have you thought about running a router around the inside of all of your wall panels? Just to take off the sharp corner? I pushed against one of my panels accidently yesterday while trying to install the projector and I can see a very faint line. I'm pretty sure sliding a piece of cardboard down there and a light iron will fix it up, but thought id mention it.

If you took off all the corners it would be much less likely to happen.

Cheers,
Simon

post #143 of 213 Old 04-30-11, 07:14 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

The chairs look very nice in there.. You certainly have a ton of room!!

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

post #144 of 213 Old 05-02-11, 09:42 AM
Shackster

Beautiful room! I have a chair question for you. We are building a dedicated room in my basement and will have room for about the same amount of chairs that you have. I have been doing a bit of chair shopping on my own without my wife involved at this stage.

Pricing can be anywhere from $500-$800 per chair (and up, of course, but that is out of our range). Now those prices aren't too bad, but that is on a one chair basis, you take that times 8 or 9 and add tax/shipping... How did your wife handle that number?
post #145 of 213 Old 05-02-11, 12:21 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Brad,

I think I'm going to go with the black speaker fabric you sent me....

Was that just from one location or multiple (rosebrand...etc)? Thanks and looking good!

post #146 of 213 Old 05-02-11, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Brad

My System

Quote:
raZorTT wrote: View Post
Brad,

The seating looks fantastic

I have the same ghetto wiring for my recliners

Simon
Not as nice as yours, but they'll do.

Quote:
raZorTT wrote: View Post
Hey Brad,

While I think of it. Have you thought about running a router around the inside of all of your wall panels? Just to take off the sharp corner? I pushed against one of my panels accidently yesterday while trying to install the projector and I can see a very faint line. I'm pretty sure sliding a piece of cardboard down there and a light iron will fix it up, but thought id mention it.

If you took off all the corners it would be much less likely to happen.

Cheers,
Simon
I did try to round over those sharp edges with an orbital sander, when it comes to fabric covering time, I'll give them a once over to be sure. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Prof. wrote: View Post
The chairs look very nice in there.. You certainly have a ton of room!!
Thanks Prof - in the room, the seats feel like they really fill it up, but in the pictures, they look really dinky. I prob have room for another seat in the front row (or loveseat) - although it might be hard to find another matching Berkline in the pipeline. At least this way, plenty of room to get by on the sides, and ample distance to side surrounds.

Quote:
nebrunner wrote: View Post
Beautiful room! I have a chair question for you. We are building a dedicated room in my basement and will have room for about the same amount of chairs that you have. I have been doing a bit of chair shopping on my own without my wife involved at this stage.

Pricing can be anywhere from $500-$800 per chair (and up, of course, but that is out of our range). Now those prices aren't too bad, but that is on a one chair basis, you take that times 8 or 9 and add tax/shipping... How did your wife handle that number?
Yeah, it definitely does add up, kind of scary that the seating will cost as much or more than the projector.

She hasn't tracked the expenses all that closely. Maybe she's just numb at this point. She does ask once in a while "are we still on the budget" though - not quite sure what that means, I'll have to look into it.

Ultimately, I think as long as the bills get paid, she's not too concerned. I always seem to have some expensive hobby or another - this one just maybe a bit more expensive than usual.

Quote:
HuskerOmaha wrote: View Post
Brad,

I think I'm going to go with the black speaker fabric you sent me....

Was that just from one location or multiple (rosebrand...etc)? Thanks and looking good!
Thanks Greg - Rosebrand is the only place I've seen that carries that particular (wide) speaker cloth. One thing I forgot to mention, the wide material comes folded in half on the roll. After I cut out my pieces, I ironed them to try to get rid of the fold mark, although it probably wasn't really necessary, since once stretched over a panel and stapled, it probably would have pulled the fold mark right out anyway.

XBox Live ID: Atomic Hamper
post #147 of 213 Old 05-02-11, 01:57 PM
Shackster

"She does ask once in a while "are we still on the budget" though - not quite sure what that means, I'll have to look into it."

post #148 of 213 Old 05-03-11, 09:54 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

I have a new idea for bass for you or nebrunner, since I don't have the space right now

1-2 DTS10 kits (handling <10-50Hz)
1-2 JTR Growler DUO (handling 45-90Hz)
Behringer DCX2496 to EQ

Not sure on total price, but..I might write this down for my future plans if IB won't work in the next house....

post #149 of 213 Old 05-03-11, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Brad

My System

You're a sick man, Greg.

I like that.

XBox Live ID: Atomic Hamper
post #150 of 213 Old 05-05-11, 10:02 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

So you are going to do it? (subs....do it....appease the beast)

Just think how sweet Battlefield 3 and MW3 will sound.

I'm also trying to decide if I should copy your side wall panel integration for my screen wall....? Then I could do around the screen and not behind it....going to reread your thread at work tonight.

Think it would work? Going to order fabric in the next couple days....after I find that tool you suggested for calculating area needed.