Pimp My Garage - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 213 Old 01-26-11, 05:33 PM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

Re: Pimp My Garage

haha love the shot of the clubman My 300ZX is even more useless at carrying anything bigger than an overnight bag Lucky my dad has a van that I can borrow whenever I need it

The front wall and soffit treatments look fantastic and I really like the shape of your columns

Were you going to paint the walls? Or were you going to cover with GOM?

Cheers,
Simon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 213 Old 01-26-11, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Brad

My System

Quote:
engtaz wrote: View Post
Looking Great.
Thanks.

Quote:
bmf795 wrote: View Post
If you have any other pictures or comments regarding your soffit fabrication, I would love to see/hear them. Very envious of your space. I have a 15x20 room and I thought it was plenty big enough. Would love to have your dimensions.
I have quite a few pics earlier in the thread as it was going together - let me know if there's something specific that you need clarification / detail on.

Quote:
Prof. wrote: View Post
Nice job.. It's all coming together nicely..
My suggestion for your wall colour would be a dark olive/grey green..That would go well with the dark brown ceiling..
Oh come on! That was the color combo I've had in my head since I started planning in 2006, and I just started changing my mind! You're not making this any easier lol.

Quote:
raZorTT wrote: View Post
haha love the shot of the clubman My 300ZX is even more useless at carrying anything bigger than an overnight bag Lucky my dad has a van that I can borrow whenever I need it

The front wall and soffit treatments look fantastic and I really like the shape of your columns

Were you going to paint the walls? Or were you going to cover with GOM?

Cheers,
Simon
Thanks Simon! I can't wait to get a column fabric covered so I can see what it will really end up looking like.

I'll be covering the walls (and soffit) with fabric - looking for budget friendly alternatives to GOM though, too rich for my blood. Found some possibilities at Rose Brand which are fire retardant - are they breathable enough though, I'm not sure.

XBox Live ID: Atomic Hamper
post #43 of 213 Old 01-26-11, 05:42 PM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

Quote:
fitzwaddle wrote: View Post

Oh come on! That was the color combo I've had in my head since I started planning in 2006, and I just started changing my mind! You're not making this any easier lol.
haha isn't it always the way

post #44 of 213 Old 01-26-11, 07:21 PM
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System

Looking fantastic Brad! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Regards,
Dale Rasco

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas A. Edison

Dale Rasco and

post #45 of 213 Old 01-26-11, 09:56 PM
Shackster

Quote:
- and I really only get in about 1 day's worth of work on it a week, most of that standing and staring and wondering "hmm, now how am I going to do this...".
Man that is exactly how I feel 90% of the time I'm working on my basement/theater. No one has ever just put it out there like that but thats exactly what I feel like so many times!!

Thanks for the post! Your theater is going to be really nice. Great job so far.
post #46 of 213 Old 01-26-11, 11:23 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Brad,

questions I missed from looking through here that only I may care about...

Your steps up to your doors (outside)...is that stamped concrete or some sort of stonework?

It must really suck in the winter having to walk through snow to get to your theater...oh wait.

I want to move to Arizona.

EDIT: Is that your 360 handle at the bottom? Mine is pillpusherx..... how does one get that in here on your sig?

post #47 of 213 Old 01-27-11, 10:18 AM
Elite Shackster

David

Quote:
... looking for budget friendly alternatives to GOM though, too rich for my blood. Found some possibilities at Rose Brand which are fire retardant - are they breathable enough though, I'm not sure.
Nice work!!!

For fabrics... take a look here , maybe you can find something that you like and cheap

By the way... about carrying stuff in your car, the mini and 300Z beat me, What do you think about this??? (see spoilers)
Spoiler
Pimp My Garage-hpim1104.jpg

Spoiler
Name:  Trunk.jpg
Views: 1527
Size:  29.4 KB
post #48 of 213 Old 01-27-11, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Brad

My System

Quote:
Dale Rasco wrote: View Post
Looking fantastic Brad! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks - me too!

Quote:
RVAtheater wrote: View Post
Man that is exactly how I feel 90% of the time I'm working on my basement/theater. No one has ever just put it out there like that but thats exactly what I feel like so many times!!

Thanks for the post! Your theater is going to be really nice. Great job so far.
Thanks RVA!

Quote:
HuskerOmaha wrote: View Post
Brad,

questions I missed from looking through here that only I may care about...

Your steps up to your doors (outside)...is that stamped concrete or some sort of stonework?

It must really suck in the winter having to walk through snow to get to your theater...oh wait.

I want to move to Arizona.

EDIT: Is that your 360 handle at the bottom? Mine is pillpusherx..... how does one get that in here on your sig?
The outside steps are flagstone over a poured concrete base.

76 degrees in Torrance today.

Yes, that's my XBox Live gamer tag. I must remember to add you when I get home. I created the gamer card thing at mygamercard.net, and embedded a link to it as an image in my sig here (User CP).

Quote:
salvasol wrote: View Post
Nice work!!!

For fabrics... take a look here , maybe you can find something that you like and cheap

By the way... about carrying stuff in your car, the mini and 300Z beat me, What do you think about this??? (see spoilers)

Thanks, I did get some samples from Dazian that I'm mulling over as well - along with ATS, Rose Brand, GOM (not likely), and another I'm forgetting atm. Checked Joanne's locally, but they have nothing fire retardant.

I don't either of us have very "sheet of plywood" friendly vehicles for sure.

XBox Live ID: Atomic Hamper
post #49 of 213 Old 01-27-11, 01:45 PM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

Quote:
salvasol wrote: View Post

LOL you win

post #50 of 213 Old 01-31-11, 04:50 PM
Shackster

Mark

My System

Nice looking build so far!