Rasco's Temple of Boom - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 194 Old 12-06-10, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System
Re: Cimarron Falls Cineplex

I really need to invest, or at least borrow, a better camera than my iPhone. Here are the latest pictures, I really do plan to re-take with a better camera. There are also a few changes I need to make to get the cables off of the floor, just not sure how I am going to get them where they need to be yet.

Regards,
Dale Rasco

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas A. Edison

Dale Rasco and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 194 Old 12-06-10, 08:51 AM
Shackster

The pq looks awesome!

Otay Ranch, CA.
-Denon 1910
-SONY BD
-DefTech BP7006
-DefTech 2002CLR
-DefTEch BP1.2X
-Coming soon... Oppo BDP-93

post #53 of 194 Old 12-06-10, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System

Quote:
martinez331 wrote: View Post
The pq looks awesome!

Thank you sir! I really want to get some higher quality pictures out there, just need to get camera that will do it.

Regards,
Dale Rasco

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas A. Edison

Dale Rasco and

post #54 of 194 Old 01-09-11, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System

More changes are a coming! My new speakers should be here this week!

Regards,
Dale Rasco

Dale Rasco and

post #55 of 194 Old 01-11-11, 09:56 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Dale Rasco wrote: View Post
More changes are a coming! My new speakers should be here this week!
Nice! What you get?

BTW... I bought a used projector SANYO PLV-Z700 but needs a new bulb. Eh...

Otay Ranch, CA.
-Denon 1910
-SONY BD
-DefTech BP7006
-DefTech 2002CLR
-DefTEch BP1.2X
-Coming soon... Oppo BDP-93

post #56 of 194 Old 01-11-11, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System

Axiom Epic 80 with an EP800 sub. Got the bigger VP180 center as well. Can't wait! When will you be getting your bulb so you can setup the projector?

Regards,
Dale Rasco

Dale Rasco and

post #57 of 194 Old 01-11-11, 10:29 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Dale Rasco wrote: View Post
Axiom Epic 80 with an EP800 sub. Got the bigger VP180 center as well. Can't wait!
Wow! That's a nice little upgrade! Can't wait to hear your opinions on their sound. Sticking with the Def Tech surrounds for now?

Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That....is the sound of inevitability....
That....is the sound of you upgrading your Home Theater....
post #58 of 194 Old 01-11-11, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System

No, I'm replacing them all. Axiom QS8's for the surrounds. The only down side is that it will be another week or so. I'm going to do a full fledged review on them as well. Gonna be a long week waiting for them though. I built a center stand for that monster VP180.

Regards,
Dale Rasco

Dale Rasco and

post #59 of 194 Old 01-17-11, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System
Under New Management

Well I updated some of the gear in Decemeber such as a projector and new receiver, but now that I have the new speakers coming, I thought it was time to make a couple of more drastic changes I have been putting off. Saturday kicked off a two week project to get it all done. I am flipping the room so that the screen is on the opposite wall and removing the in-wall cabinet I built 7 months ago and adding a closet that is 2'X4'.

Here are the before and after Visio's:
Before:

After:

So one of my best friends showed up with his trusty framing gun and we went at it. On Saturday we finished framing the new 5'X2' closet. Of course when I say "We", I mean Steve did 95% of it, that why I was able to get so many pictures!

Sunday I re-ran all of the cables and hung the sheetrock on the outside of the closet. I hope to be finished patching the holes and have the room ready for paint by Tuesday.

I plan on insulating the closet and closing it in Wednesday or Thursday and install the gear in the closet. Next weekend I plan to build the new riser and then have the carpet guys sometime late next week. Short time frame, but I work best under pressure! Once completed, I plan to rename the room if I can think of something clever.

And to think, this all started because the rear right surround speaker was going to be five degrees out of spec......

Regards,
Dale Rasco

Dale Rasco and

post #60 of 194 Old 01-17-11, 04:20 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System
Re: Under New Management

It does look to be a better arrangement..
Is there enough room by the double doors to fit in a bass trap?

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!