The Garage Theater - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 76 Old 03-25-14, 10:46 PM

Ron

My System
Re: The Garage Theater

I am going to make my own diffusers for the HT.

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, (2) Yamaha P2500s amps, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 76 Old 04-03-14, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
nathan_h

Updated the screen wall, added acoustics panels of fiberglass and covered in black burlap. Removed the old acoustic form. Those two use triad subs running off a single plate amp were a great idea.... Except they are a beast to integrate with the real deal Rythmik sub. Everything is second had some sometimes a temp setup becomes long term, or gets obsoleted in a week because I find a unicorn. The Garage Theater-image-4074047053.jpg The Garage Theater-image-574419040.jpg The Garage Theater-image-927515238.jpg The Garage Theater-image-208273869.jpg The Garage Theater-image-3061054440.jpg The Garage Theater-image-3133352808.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #53 of 76 Old 04-03-14, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
nathan_h

Next up, cover some of the screen wall in velvet and some of the acoustic diffusers in GOM if I can find a source, start to get the new sub dialed in and convince myself a single sub for a while is okay, and wait impatiently for the emotiva 8100 since I sold my pre pro a while back and am using the analog output of the oppo direct to my amp....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #54 of 76 Old 04-04-14, 08:36 AM
Shackster

Lou

My System

That is a lot of work that you have done. Good stuff.
post #55 of 76 Old 04-04-14, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
nathan_h

Quote:
Lulimet wrote: View Post
That is a lot of work that you have done. Good stuff.
Thanks! Never ends.
post #56 of 76 Old 04-08-14, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
nathan_h

Building some diffusion panels using existing auralex styrofoam diffusers which will be framed with wood and covered with GOM to match the existing GIK absorption panels.

I cannot tell a lie, I had a buddy who needed an afternoon of work build the frames.... And now it will take a few weeks till they are operational.... Need the GOM and a hanging system.

Will follow Anthony Grimani's approach of alternating diffusion and absorption and having at least fifty percent bare walls.
Attached Thumbnails
The Garage Theater-image-647056807.jpg  

The Garage Theater-image-4282564529.jpg  

The Garage Theater-image-2910496831.jpg  

post #57 of 76 Old 04-08-14, 10:28 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

My goodness sir - you have been busy! Excellent progress!

post #58 of 76 Old 04-08-14, 11:40 PM
Senior Shackster

Good thread! You've definitely put in a lot of time and effort on this project and it shows.
post #59 of 76 Old 04-09-14, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
nathan_h

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
My goodness sir - you have been busy! Excellent progress!
Quote:
pddufrene wrote: View Post
Good thread! You've definitely put in a lot of time and effort on this project and it shows.
Thanks, guys. Yep, one step at a time and after several years.....

Anyway, just placed the order for from GOM FR701 black 408 color from GIK. Kills to be pay almost $20 a yard (including shipping) but it's also really the cheapest out there, and I really want this set of panels to visually match the existing panels I have...

.... which I purchased from GIK, with the FR701 fabric on them, about five years ago!

Still going strong, as you can see:

post #60 of 76 Old 04-09-14, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
nathan_h

Now I just gotta figure out a smart way to connect the hanging wire, since my panels will not have the nice open space on the back like the GIK ones.....