Epson TW-2000 (PRO UB) review - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 43 Old 03-28-08, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Send a message via MSN to Blaser
Re: Epson TW-2000 (PRO UB) review

RESERVED FOR upcoming BD material

Good news! I have bought the lateset Sony DCS-W300 digital camera to have a more accurate representation of the pics! With time I will replace the shots I made with my mob above with better ones from my cam.
I have played with the settings (and saved them) until I had the nearest look to what is on the screen....well on my computer.

I have also upgraded to Blu-ray and hope to take some shots soon...

ASME AI
Yamaha RX-V2500, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 Fronts, Wharfedale Diamond CM Center, Diamond DFS Surround and rear, Behringer FBQ 2496, Dual RL-P18s 625L LLTs, Dual TA-2400 Pro (2 * 2000 W Amp), Samsung HD870 DVD player, Carada BW 16:9 106" screen, Epson TW-2000, 60 Gb PS3
Important HT proverbs:
- "You can never have too much headroom" (talking about bass)
- "you can never have too big a screen" (talking about still pictures)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 Old 03-28-08, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

RESERVED

ASME AI
Yamaha RX-V2500, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 Fronts, Wharfedale Diamond CM Center, Diamond DFS Surround and rear, Behringer FBQ 2496, Dual RL-P18s 625L LLTs, Dual TA-2400 Pro (2 * 2000 W Amp), Samsung HD870 DVD player, Carada BW 16:9 106" screen, Epson TW-2000, 60 Gb PS3
Important HT proverbs:

post #13 of 43 Old 03-28-08, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Reserved 2

ASME AI
Important HT proverbs:

post #14 of 43 Old 03-28-08, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Reserved 3

ASME AI
Important HT proverbs:

post #15 of 43 Old 03-29-08, 12:54 AM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

Wow excellent review! Looks like you've got quite the machine!

post #16 of 43 Old 03-29-08, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Thank you Thxgoon, indeed I'm very happy with it

ASME AI
Important HT proverbs:

post #17 of 43 Old 03-29-08, 05:59 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Excellent review Ahmed.. and very helpful for anyone contemplating buying one of those projectors..

Those camera phone shots are unbelievable..I can only imagine how good it looks in real life..
I have the HD860 upscaled to 720p, and it amazes me how good a job it does with SD..Although I guess it will pale in comparison when you get your BD player..
Which player are you planning on buying?

Do you have a digital camera? I would love to see your screenshots when you get your new player..

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

post #18 of 43 Old 03-29-08, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Hey Prof!

Thanks for your lovely comments. I really need to buy something like the next coming Sony S550. That player will decode everything for an announced price $550. I need to stick to a BD player that will do the audio decoding job as I do not want to upgrade the AV receiver anytime soon.

I don't know if I will be able to wait until the release date of the Sony player (last quarter of 2008) ... I just don't know. The next Panasonic might be an option as well.

PS3 is available at a store located near my house but I don't think it would be a good thing to rush, only to regret it when more DTS MA or whatever is widespread in the future.

I have a digital camera, but these shots are from my Nokia N95 mobile phone (5 Mp), Nevertheless, they are nowhere close to reality. Believe me, sharpness' got quite a hit, the colours are washed out and too much noise and softness in the picture are integrated. Look at the very last "Darla" shot and you'll notice some blue noise everywhere in the picture that is not available on the screen.
The camera's very good, but you'll understand it is not originally designed for such a duty.

Thank you Prof!

ASME AI
Important HT proverbs:

post #19 of 43 Old 03-29-08, 07:42 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Quote:
blaser wrote: View Post
Hey Prof!

Thanks for your lovely comments. I really need to buy something like the next coming Sony S550. That player will decode everything for an announced price $550. I need to stick to a BD player that will do the audio decoding job as I do not want to upgrade the AV receiver anytime soon.

I don't know if I will be able to wait until the release date of the Sony player (last quarter of 2008) ... I just don't know. The next Panasonic might be an option as well.
If I may make a suggestion...

If you have any plans to convert to CIH Anamorphic projection at any time in the future, then you are going to need the vertical stretch facility..
I don't think the Epson has that, so you will need to have a player or an external scaler to do VS..
Oppo's new BD player will have that I believe, so It might be something to consider..but I don't know when it will be released..

When I get a BD player, I'm seriously considering a Samsung unit..From the reports I've heard, they seem to do a pretty good job..and they have the VS facility..

Quote:
I have a digital camera, but these shots are from my Nokia N95 mobile phone (5 Mp), Nevertheless, they are nowhere close to reality. Believe me, sharpness' got quite a hit, the colours are washed out and too much noise and softness in the picture are integrated. Look at the very last "Darla" shot and you'll notice some blue noise everywhere in the picture that is not available on the screen.
The camera's very good, but you'll understand it is not originally designed for such a duty.
Yes, that's why I said the shot's looked so good..
Camera phones, still at this stage..can't match a good digital camera for colour and definition, and we won't be able to see just how good the image is until you have some shots, using a digital camera..
I'm sure there are many of us who would like to see, just how good it looks on the screen..

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

post #20 of 43 Old 03-29-08, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Actually, my mobile camera is not far from my digital camera, and that's why I don't even care to use it. Any camera will have flaws and will never be the same as reality. Some have just less flaws than others.

Basically a CIH would require an AT screen as well as a complete re-design of the false wall. I am quite satisfied with a 16:9 screen, nevertheless VS is a good thing to have if ever... and the Oppo is certainly on my list, but when? Do you know of any Samsung BD player that does VS now?

Depending on the results of BD quality in my setup, I might change the screen to be 115" instead of 106"

ASME AI
Important HT proverbs: