Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Calibrating an Acer h6510bd

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  pcieluck 
#1 ·
Hey first time poster.

I have owned this projector for a bit over a year, and for the most part have been impressed by the quality of such a cheap unit. We clearly live in privileged times. But.. I have noticed that sometimes it's production of very bright colors can look pretty strange. A police car's lights, for example, can look like just big splotches of red and blue. Also, I'll attach an example. One imagine is a picture taken of the projected image of a large nuclear explosion. The second will just be a screenshot taken from my phone showing how it should look.. No one setting I've seems to do much improvement. Turning off "brilliant colors" does help a lot but it also makes the image very dark with less dynamic blacks. I use it as a primary display for a PC so that won't do. I've done some searching and can't find anyone else owning this projector or any DLP who is complaining about this... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.