Condensation in the lens? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 9 Old 02-28-17, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Condensation in the lens?

Hi, I have these weird watery marks showing up on the projector image that move around with the image and leave a "memory" of the image. Anyone know what this is and if I can get rid of it myself?
Attached Thumbnails
Condensation in the lens?-image_1488280687598.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-28-17, 06:38 PM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System
Condensation in the lens?

Hello! Are you talking about the purple "text" above the word CAREER? What is the image a memory of? A menu?

It's hard for me to visualize the motion artifacts you describe. How far do they move and under what conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-28-17, 08:00 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Re: Condensation in the lens?

I'm not fully aware how an LCD panel works but I do now it is a liquid and if it is damaged it could leak...I wish Icalo was still here as he would be the one perso who could answer this.
LCD can develop "stuck pixcles" but not usually in that manor.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #4 of 9 Old 03-01-17, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Yes, the purple text is the "memory" of the menu that was there. I took the photo immediately after moving away from the menu. This memory images occurs on all moving images on the display. On a solid screen you can see the marks moving like a liquid almost. I live in an extremely humid place and usually use the projector in an air conditioned room. I want to think it is just condensation but it doesn't go away, even after several hours of use.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-01-17, 11:55 AM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Ahhh, I think I understand now. It's not every image that burns-in, it's just the same menu image that appears no matter what else is being displayed. We may need to wait for someone to chime in who's more familiar with projectors, but it's my educated guess the menu was left on for a very long time (hours). I searched a few forums as well as googled a few articles, and it seems it IS possible for an LCD projector to develop what's called image persistence. You might want to try the link in Post #2 here and see if that helps.

post #6 of 9 Old 03-01-17, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, my explaining this very well. The marks are on all images and disappear after a second or two. It isn't burned in as such but follows every image and then disappears once the image moves.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-02-17, 11:56 AM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

While contemplating your projector's issue another time, I came across some good advice in this thread here that may work for you, too: take a picture of the the displayed image and send it to your projector's manufacturer. They may be able to diagnose it from afar.

post #8 of 9 Old 03-02-17, 12:05 PM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Hello again!
I've also taken the liberty of moving your thread to the HomeTheaterShack.com > Home Theater - Audio / Video > Home Theater Projectors forum for more exposure.

post #9 of 9 Old 03-02-17, 01:22 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

My friend had something similar happen on an LCD TV. It turned out to be something in the video processor. In my mind, the original question doesn't seem to fit the description. In the case of high humidity, I would suspect shorted connections, or pcb before moisture in the lens. Just .02 more.