Optoma HD20 - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 66 Old 10-12-09, 01:27 PM
Shackster
rmerlano

Re: Optoma HD20

No problem Custard, its enough. I just wanted to know more of you setup.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 66 Old 10-27-09, 11:57 AM
Shackster
Gforce

Nice. I also have this HD20 replacing my HD73 recently but it is yet to be mouted on the ceilling bracket after the painting of my new HT room is ready Can't wait to enjoy it!!
post #53 of 66 Old 10-27-09, 12:35 PM
Elite Shackster

TC

My System

How is this Pj to set up without lens shift???

post #54 of 66 Old 10-27-09, 01:45 PM
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Send a message via MSN to Blaser

Congrats! Pls make us a review once it's working

ASME AI
Yamaha RX-V2500, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 Fronts, Wharfedale Diamond CM Center, Diamond DFS Surround and rear, Behringer FBQ 2496, Dual RL-P18s 625L LLTs, Dual TA-2400 Pro (2 * 2000 W Amp), Samsung HD870 DVD player, Carada BW 16:9 106" screen, Epson TW-2000, 60 Gb PS3
Important HT proverbs:
- "You can never have too much headroom" (talking about bass)
- "you can never have too big a screen" (talking about still pictures)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #55 of 66 Old 10-28-09, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

custy

Quote:
tcarcio wrote: View Post
How is this Pj to set up without lens shift???
it does have limited placement options. the pj lens has to centred for the horizontal plane to keep the image square.

the digital keystone correction allows some height adjustment at the expense of losing 1:1 pixel mapping for 1080p.

my diy mount has some minor adjustable parts to help me acheive the optimal placement.
post #56 of 66 Old 10-28-09, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

custy

Quote:
Blaser wrote: View Post
Hi Custard,

I have tried both calibration methods and really prefer the 75% for its pop and life like quality. Keep us posted!
i did end up testing the 75% levels but found i could not improve on my settings.

i probably should have spent longer with it - i hope to have another bash at 75% once i reach 500hrs.
post #57 of 66 Old 10-28-09, 08:35 PM
Senior Shackster
Randy

Send a message via AIM to yourgrandma

If they offer a rebate like they did on the HD70 when I bought it, I'm going to have to upgrade.

4000:1 CR sure ought to blow my 1000:1 out of the water.

Onkyo 805 | Definitive Technology ProTower 400s | ProCenterC2 | BP2x | ProMonitor 100s | Dayton RF 12 HO slot ported thingy | Optoma HD70 | Play Station 3 |
post #58 of 66 Old 11-01-09, 01:39 AM
Shackster
Akan101

Quote:
Prof. wrote: View Post
Well firstly you're looking at two totally different projectors..

The HD20 is a DLP..and the HC720 is an LCD..
That's your first consideration, as to what type of system you prefer..

I've heard very good reports about both units, particularly for entry level projectors..
The HC720 is the brighter of the two, so if you have any ambient light considerations, or planning on using a grey screen, then that's something to take into account..

Optoma's certainly don't have a good reputation for lamp life..

The difference between 1080p and 720p. is debatable..
Some say that you can see the difference quite clearly, others say that they can't see any difference..particularly at this level of projector..with both types having low contrast ratio's..

If you're not able to see both units in operation (and then they would have to be viewed in the same environment) all you can do is go on other peoples experience with each type..
Well for better lamp life.First of all do not allow your projector to become overheated. The most frequently cause of lamp failure is excessive heat. Please follow the instructions in your user manual for powering down the projector and make sure that the projector has an adequate cool-down period. Operate your projector in a clean, relatively dust-free environment.Please make sure that you clean the air filters regularly. Utilize the "economy mode" if it is available with your projector model.

Last edited by mechman; 02-22-10 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Removed link
post #59 of 66 Old 11-01-09, 02:53 AM

Looks great 1080 is beautiful but i cant wait for 2560 x 1600 like the high end computer LCD's thats going to be the day nice set-up i like i think projectors are especially great for underground theaters where the light is not a factor that contributes to the pain received in watching movie.
post #60 of 66 Old 08-30-10, 03:16 PM
Shackster

I am considering purchasing an Optoma HD20 but I am curious as to which screen I should get. The projector will be going in my bonus room and screen will be placed about 11'6" - 12' away from viewing area. I am probably looking to get a 100" - 106" motorized screen (a LCD will be mounted to the wall behind it for everyday TV watching). This projector will only be used for sporting events, occasional video games, and movies of course.

Not counting the lights (which can all be turned off) there is 1 window in the room which can be covered fairly easily. I've been looking at Elite screens. Any suggestions would be great on what screen or screen material (matte white, maxwhite, gray, etc.)would be suitable to my situation. Thanks in advance.