Xbox and projectors - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 24 Old 01-21-07, 01:46 PM
Senior Shackster

jack

Re: Xbox and projectors

Hey Scott,

Do you have an xbox 360? Those wireless controllers are pretty much perfect.

to answer your original question, video games look great on a projector if you use component video cables and run a 480p or higher signal. I wasn't to impressed with the S-Video signal I got, but it may have been due to cheap cables....

It's amazing, but you'll find there are games that are perfect on a big screen, that you can barely play on a smaller screen - Bob mentioned Need for speed, I'll mention Burnout, driving fast with a big screen is a huge advantage ESPECIALLY ON LINE - you can easily spot details up the road that your school age 20" TV wanna be competitors cannot.. (ok that was mean, I take it back).

Basically, Bigger is better...
Yeah live works - they don't know or care what your display is.
White walls are fine.
In fact, many people getting started with thier first projector start by shooting it on a white wall - not a thing wrong with that, a VERY good way to get started.

- Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 01-21-07, 01:48 PM
Senior Shackster

jack

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
We will have our xBox 360 connected to our Sanyo Z4 once we get it in. I expect it to look like HD at 1080i.

It will be amazing.

What types of games do you think you'll play?

One note- the 360's 'native' resolution is 720p - same as your Sanyo. I believe they achieve 1080i/p via scaling internally. No point scaling up in the 360, then back down in the Sanyo..

- Jack
post #13 of 24 Old 01-21-07, 01:49 PM
Senior Shackster

jack

Bob, your theater looks amazing.

- Jack

post #14 of 24 Old 01-22-07, 12:48 PM
Senior Shackster

Bob

Jack, Thanks for the complement. It's been a five year project that doesn't look like it'll end....ever!
...and we have Burnout revenge too!! Very cool. My son just earned a F1 type car, tops out at 209MPH. DUDE!! I sat my rear-end in the middle of the floor (VERY nearfield listening) and cranked it up nice and loud!

Scott, I forgot to answer one of your questions about the seating. YES they recline, almost all they way, but not so far that your chin is planted in your chest looking at the screen. I didn't look specifically at the Lazy boys, but these Berklines are pretty cool. Very comfortable. They have built in drink holders. Keep an eye on overall seating width, mine are eleven feet wide.
I'll second that comment about the wireless controllers. LOVE 'EM! I wouldn't go back to wired Scott. Why don't you like them?
"Clamshelling" drivers in a sub is a very common practice. That's the way I've got two 15" Dayton Series II's in my Decware Housewrecker. Just don't forget to wire one "backwards". Also, if the Xmas of the drivers is great enough, the foam surrounds can rub on each other (very bad thing!) so a 3/4" MDF spacer plate in between the drivers may be nessesary (I have a 'spacer' in mine).

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #15 of 24 Old 01-22-07, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ratchet

i just have the 1st gen X-Box, and bought some after market wireless controllers. they are smaller and go through batteries like my wife goes through vehicles. i will be getting a 360 when i complete my theater as well as a PS2. i am going to be researching everything i can for the next 5-6 months before i start to build. the input from the people here on the shack has been priceless, i have 3 folders stuffed full of notes.
post #16 of 24 Old 01-22-07, 01:38 PM
Senior Shackster

Bob

Very good game play Scott. Don't rush it.
Got any pics of the theater?

Bob

post #17 of 24 Old 01-22-07, 01:51 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:
scott wrote: View Post
i just have the 1st gen X-Box, and bought some after market wireless controllers. they are smaller and go through batteries like my wife goes through vehicles.
Rechargeable... the Energizer's are pretty good. Make sure you get a really good charger...
post #18 of 24 Old 01-22-07, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ratchet

sonnie..i have some sketches of an idea i'm working on and will most likely go with for the building. i will try to get these on theater design forum.
post #19 of 24 Old 04-07-07, 05:28 PM
Shackster
George

I got the Z5 and X-BOX 360 unbelievably great
post #20 of 24 Old 04-07-07, 09:45 PM
Senior Shackster
Instal

I run the N64, Xbox and Xbox 360 on my Sanyo PLV-Z5. I agree with the suggestion of the HD AV pack for the original Xbox with a large screen. It will make all the difference in the world in picture quality. The 360 is awesome as the native res of the 360 and the Z5 are 720p. Not much scaling going on there. It seems no matter what I do I can't get the N64 to look good on the Z5. It comes back to the old in out. I tend to use the N64 on my 37" Viewsonic. I know you guys are thinking N64? Is this guy crazy? Well my first video game ever at home was Goldeneye and I still love that game. I plug it in once in a while and dream that some day it wil be polished up and released for the 360. Oh well maybe some day!