Xbox and projectors - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 24 Old 01-04-07, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ratchet

Xbox and projectors

does anyone have a game console hooked up to a projector? what kind of picture quality does it have? and can you still play online?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-04-07, 06:44 PM
Senior Shackster
Hakka

Re: Xbox and projectors

I have my Xbox1 connected to an Infocus X1 projector (800 x 600 DLP) using a component connection, the xbox is set to output 480p/720p/1080i. The picture quality is awesome. If you use the standard AV cable with the composite connection at 480i the picture looks a bit soft. Get the Microsoft HD pack and the HD options will appear in your video settings menu.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-04-07, 06:53 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

We will have our xBox 360 connected to our Sanyo Z4 once we get it in. I expect it to look like HD at 1080i.

post #4 of 24 Old 01-18-07, 08:53 AM
niget2002
Inactive

I've taken the xbox to work and have run it on everything from small Panasonics to a VERY large projector in one of the main conference rooms (this while I worked on the A&M campus and had access to the auditoriums). It's really cool to play Halo 2 with characters that are larger than real life.

Yes, the online will still work.
post #5 of 24 Old 01-19-07, 02:09 PM
Senior Shackster

Bob

Hey Scott, I've got a Sanyo PLV-Z2 on an XBox360 displaying on a screen I built that's 140" diag 16:9.
Absolute fantastic graphics, Amazing. Even the older XBox games look very good.
Piloting a near lifesized car in Need for Speed "Chrome" is THE BEST!
Highly recommended.
Highspeed isn't available where I live, so I'm not "LIVE" with M.S./XBox
(See pics of HT room in signature if you'd like)

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #6 of 24 Old 01-20-07, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ratchet

hey bob

your theater looks great. do you have any issues with the light colored walls? and those seats look comfortable. do they recline as well? and do you have issues with the speakers in front not being in enclosures? i'm not picking, just curious.
post #7 of 24 Old 01-20-07, 02:22 PM
Senior Shackster

Bob

Hey Scott

Re: Light colored walls. - Short answer, NO.

Longer answer -- The walls are about the same color, slightly darker, than "Battleship grey". I've had a very hard time photographing the accurate color. My goal was to have a color that was on the darker side (compaired to the average interior house color), and was "not a color". What I mean by that is, reds, greens, blues, ect... I believe would/could influence 55 square feet of white screen material possibly have a negative effect, or slightly tint the image projected.

Re: Comfortable seats. - Oh yea baby!! Berkline home theater seating! Very cozy, unfortunately too comfortable sometimes. After a hard day at work and an adult beverage or two, or...... I tend to fall asleep sometimes.

Re: No enclosure for the Front Main Channels. - DUDE!!! Have you heard of Open Baffle? It's truely the BEST SOUND I've EVER HEARD. This is a whole topic is itself. Tell me what you know of Open Baffle (O.B.) Have you ever heard of it?

Bob

post #8 of 24 Old 01-20-07, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ratchet

ha!!!...now i think your trying to make me blush! i'll put it this way when i was in high school i built the street rods, my buddies built the stereo's. i haven't got the slightest clue on speakers or any other talk, slang, BFG.........what-so-ever! although i did learn BFG is a feed back destroyer(thanks to the shack!) now if i can just learn what the it does and why, i'll be alright. i'm here to learn but i'm having trouble following conversations, because it seems almost everyone else is on the same page. i don't even have the book!

BTW...(hehe...that means "by the way") i used to live in Godfrey, Il, not to far from st louis.
post #9 of 24 Old 01-20-07, 03:12 PM
Senior Shackster

Bob

Scott, Open Baffle (OB) is an absolute amazing experiance. I'd heard about it several months ago. I decided to give it a shot by using my existing drivers that where in enclosures and "set them free" by mounting them in OB. Basically, OB is a driver mounted with no enclosure. That's the end of the magic. No hocus pocus. I was very surprised at the sound I was getting from (2) 4" drivers that I had been listening to for a few years when they were mounted in OB. I was hooked from that point. "Special made" drivers are available by some manufacturers. I had been reading from a few forums about drivers made just for OB, so I decided to take the plunge and purchace a pair. I've never looked back. The versatility they provide is astounding compaired to enclosed drivers, No pun intended, but the sound is very 'open', very clear.

Scott, don't worry about feeling like your not on the same page. Everybody does sometimes. NOBODY here, or on any other forum started out knowing everything.
After all, we were not born audiophile,gaming,digital,HomeTheater,DTS,TwoChannel,Dolby,XBox users!!
Never hesitate to ask.

Bob

post #10 of 24 Old 01-21-07, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ratchet

bob....i have heard some buddies say you can take a two drivers, mount them face to face (bolted together i assume) and reverse one? so when one is pushing the other is pulling i guess. they said this makes awesome base. i don't think i would ever do something like this in the theater i am going to build unless it is a common practice.

back to the berklines, are they much different than the normal lazyboy? i'm thinking lazyboys and building tables/drink holders between each seat.

and have you heard if it is possible to hardwire (for lack of a better term) close to each seat for x-box cotrollers so you don't have cords everywhere? i have cordless but don't care for them much.