How Long Does Your Projector Lamp Last? - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 38 Old 11-14-09, 10:00 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: How Long Does Your Projector Lamp Last?

You linked to it once already. More is not necessary. I read it and made my comment because it left out the single most important consideration in lamp life, start cycles.

I researched the issue of cool down many times with engineers from the manufacturers of the projectors and the lamps. The ones who know more than just repeating the owner's manual understand that thermal lag and uneven cooling are not a significant issue in most projectors. It certainly is good advice to let it cool properly, but not the only, nor the most important issue.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 Old 11-14-09, 11:35 PM
Shackster
Mike

I've got a Mitsubishi 4900 in econo mode. Supposed to last 5000. So far I'm on about 500
post #23 of 38 Old 11-16-09, 09:50 AM
Elite Shackster

Dr Doan

My optoma H31 (which is for sale) has over 7,000 on the original bulb. It was still strong when I replaced the projector. Have fun. Dennis

L Dennis Doan, DC
Gonstead Chiropractor
IT'S THE NERVE!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

SVSound MTS-02 Fronts, MCS-02 Center, SSS-01 surrounds, SBS-02 rear surrounds, (2) SVSound SB-13 Plus Subwoofers
AS-EQ1 Sub Equalizer (WOW!)
Onkyo TX-SR707 7.2 Receiver w/Audyssey XT
Insignia Blu Ray NS-WBRDVD3
Toshiba DVD Recorder w/HDMI
Direct TV DVR HD
BenQ W5000 projector. 91" screen. 15' x 11.8' vaulted ceiling dedicated HT room w/DIY sound absorption
:

post #24 of 38 Old 11-16-09, 10:48 AM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Bulb life can be dramatically affected by the climate you live in as well. If you live in a location that is very hot and your A/C does not work well or you dont have any that will kill a bulb a lot faster as well. Projector placement is also crucial in that it must be able to breath properly good air flow around it is a must. Remember that heat rises and if your projector is right against the ceiling that can also create problems.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #25 of 38 Old 11-16-09, 09:25 PM
Senior Shackster
Stew

Panny 700: 5.5 years on the original bulb. It's used exclusively for movie watching a couple of times per week and has about 3000 hours on it.
post #26 of 38 Old 11-17-09, 12:27 AM
Shackster
Mike

Quote:
drdoan wrote: View Post
My optoma H31 (which is for sale) has over 7,000 on the original bulb. It was still strong when I replaced the projector. Have fun. Dennis
Wow. That's pretty impressive. LIke the post between ours mentions, did you have the AC on it, good airflow, and economode? Or any combination of these?
post #27 of 38 Old 11-17-09, 12:36 AM
Banned!
andy summers

My projector LCD video lamp I think its rated at 2500 hours and I must have used 200 or so over the past few months ON and OFF it hardly gets used as I’m aware cost isn’t cheap and (home cinema is non-profit) other than cinema so use wisely don’t show it off all the time.

Lamps for my LCD are around 250.00 so sometime soon I’d have to get a replacement ready for the change over.
post #28 of 38 Old 11-17-09, 01:40 PM
Shackster
Paul

I have a Panasonic PT-AX200 which started the infamous flicker at just 300 hours. I bought it off a solo man company who fought me over replacing it; I went to what we call the "Disputes Tribunal" here in NZ who ruled that he had to pay me out for the price of a new bulb. I have yet to see any actual money however...

Untill I see any money I'll be putting up with the flicker.
post #29 of 38 Old 11-17-09, 02:55 PM
Elite Shackster

TC

My System

Why not just re-lamp it and when he pay's you you will be all set. I don't know if I could put up with my pj flickering all the time.
post #30 of 38 Old 11-17-09, 02:56 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Aren't these the units that had the sticky iris causing this problem?

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.