Are projectors still a secret? - Page 12 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #111 of 114 Old 09-01-10, 08:10 AM
Senior Shackster
gs

Re: Are projectors still a secret?

If HT projectors are still a secret, then CRT HT PJ are still a riddle wrapped in an enigma hidden in a secret.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 114 Old 02-27-11, 03:38 PM
Shackster

I remember how beautiful my neighbor's Sony CRT was... too bad they had to design a room around it
post #113 of 114 Old 03-06-11, 02:24 AM
MasterCATZ

I just wish I tried Projecting onto my wall before I put holes in it to install the Projector Screen ... which hasn't been used since it was installed because the plaster wall looked better
( at lease it does not have stretch marks ) tho I do miss having the black border to stop the bleeding

on the bright side at least this was done in my bed room ... so I knew I didn't have to put a screen up in the living room

post #114 of 114 Old 12-17-13, 08:46 PM
Shackster

I think they still are a secret for the majority of people. You can now get a 720p projector for under $500 and even a 720p 3D projector for just about $550. Despite this fact people still spend the same money or more on 55" 720p TVs or smaller (like 42") 1080p TVs. I have heard several people say that it would be cool to have a projector as if it was some out there goal. I only know one person who has a projector and they have only had it about a year.

However, I think that with new cheap, HD, short throw projectors more and more people will realize they can take advantage of what projectors have to offer without needing a dedicated home theater.