Panasonic PT-AE2000U 1080p HD Projector - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 56 Old 12-06-07, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Panasonic PT-AE2000U 1080p HD Projector

I hate to even tell you guys this, but I am fairly certain is was all my fault. As I started remembering back, I was programming my MX-800 remote Saturday evening. The only thing I can think of that may have turned it on is during the programming the signal made it through the walls and triggered it on.

Then when I turned it off, thinking I had waited long enough, I guess I didn't stay quite long enough. Within 20-30 seconds of what I thought was off, it gradually comes back on. I just thought it was off and walked on out the door a tad too quickly.

I started investigating and instead of the macro off including "Power" twice, it should be "Power" then "Select". Using the "Power" button twice cuts it off, but cuts it right back on.

Since I've changed it, no problems. It had to just simply be some stupidness on my part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 Old 12-07-07, 01:08 AM
FJ

It is to bad that hours were wasted. However, I am glad you figured it out. I am considering purchasing that remote and will definitely make sure I don't make the same mistake.
post #23 of 56 Old 12-07-07, 11:00 PM
Senior Shackster

AC

good to hear, you had me worried.

post #24 of 56 Old 12-08-07, 01:47 AM
Senior Shackster

Zip

Too bad there isn't a burn in time for projectors or else you would have accidentally did a good thing. I hope the projector manufacturers either switch to high powered LEDs or make the bulbs cheaper in the future.
post #25 of 56 Old 01-19-08, 11:27 AM
Shackster
Ron

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
I purchased it from RobZ over at AVS... he's not a dealer. He's a pretty sharp display guru IMO. I got it for considerably less than street price. I believe the cheapest I've seen them otherwise is $2700.
Sonnie
I'm looking at this model....any concerns buying from someone not a dealer? Don't know much about AVS?
post #26 of 56 Old 01-19-08, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

AVS is another forum, not a business. RobZ is a member there and just happened to be selling his unit that he purchased from Projectorpeople.com. The warranty is still valid for me.

At this time there are no used ones for sale anywhere that I can find.

There's a company online selling it for $2000... but I have no idea about their credibility.
post #27 of 56 Old 01-20-08, 07:14 PM
lspence
Inactive

I have read that this online company, selling the Panasonic AE2000U for just over $2000, is a scam. You have to pay with some kind of e-gold thing?? Anyway, if it seems to good to be true it usually is. One forum I read said that they were trying to shut them down.
post #28 of 56 Old 01-21-08, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Thanks for the heads up on that Lynn. It did sound a little bit too good to be true. I edited my previous post and took the link out. Wouldn't want someone to take a chance and mess up.
post #29 of 56 Old 01-30-08, 06:06 AM
Shackster
Maikel

This PT-AE2000 is my first projector I bought some two months ago. It took me like ove a year to decide, innitially opting for the AE900 and AE1000. Just before I bought it, I witnessed a comparison with Mistubishi HC5000 in which the Panasonic made me dream away and nit bother about analyzing picture quality. The image it presents is siply way better than I thought was possible with the current Hone Cinema Beamers. I am still optimizing my HT with respect to image and sound, but may provide some answers for the people considering to purchase one of these.
post #30 of 56 Old 01-30-08, 10:27 AM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

So, Sonnie, what's the latest on the pj? How do you like it? I know your ML's have been hogging all of your attention lately

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.