Are there any Pioneer receiver owners here? - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 131 Old 03-11-09, 12:39 PM

Re: Are there any Pioneer receiver owners here?

I was cruising through the receiver forum and found this old thread. I thought I should add my opinion. I have had a few home theater receivers. I currently have a Pioneer VSX-74txvi. I briefly had a loaner VSX-54tx. Years ago I owned an older elite which retailed for 2500K CAD, but I can't recall the name. It had the old AC3 hookup for laser discs. It was a really heavy beast that I got on close out for a really good price. I only replaced it because of features. I don't think I've had as well built of a receiver since. I also owned an Onkyo 575 for 2 years with no complaings.

I really like my current receiver, but will likely need to upgrade so that I can get 1080p switching. I'm currently using a 720p PJ, but will upgrading soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 131 Old 06-10-09, 04:34 PM
Shackster

mosconiac

Could you Pioneer guys take a look at my thread please?!?!? TIA for any opinions.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...play-nice.html
post #33 of 131 Old 08-03-09, 09:23 AM
Elite Shackster
Todd Anderson

My System

I own the Pio VSX-1016. I've owned it for 2 years. For my purposes I think it's a fantastic receiver... it received good reviews on cnet. I picked it up for a steal after price matching with J&R in NYC.... I don't think any of the other major brands offer it's level of features for the price.

My biggest complaint are the limited crossover controls on main menu - the presets may not be exactly what you are looking for. I'm guessing the Elite series corrects this problem.

That being said, I'm more than happy with my purchase - sad to Pioneer stepping out of the display business. I've really enjoyed my pdp-5070.

Last edited by Todd Anderson; 08-03-09 at 12:36 PM.

post #34 of 131 Old 08-03-09, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman

Thank you all for replying to my post. I'm still using my 1st Pio. but hope to upgrade as soon as we close on our new home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #35 of 131 Old 08-03-09, 12:36 PM
Elite Shackster
Todd Anderson

My System

I'm hoping my upgrade is a long way off -- can't imagine needing more at this point. Great, clean sound.
post #36 of 131 Old 08-03-09, 04:25 PM
Elite Shackster

TC

My System

Quote:
mosconiac wrote: View Post
Could you Pioneer guys take a look at my thread please?!?!? TIA for any opinions.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...play-nice.html
Did you ever get your system set up correctly with the Art cleanbox?
post #37 of 131 Old 09-25-09, 10:44 PM
Shackster

winston

yes VSX-72TXV GREAT UNIT ENDLESS TWEAKS
same as the (VSX-74TX-Vi) with one exception no PC connection/usb interface i love this unit the 72TXV follow me home one day from BB for $220 open box" as i was looking to move up/change to digital/hdmi and it been on elite on all. i have some acurus which i still own

the acurus ACT-3 PRE/PRO,THE A-150 , 100X3 THEY GOOD OLD AMERICAN STANDARDS.
but for the Home Theatre the 72-txv is all i need' as i only use 5.1 at this time i do bi-amping on my front speakers' and switch the receiver to 4 ohms that's real sweet. that been said every time i read the manual i fond something that i didn't know this beast could do. the next upgrade pioneer will be the first brand on my mind
post #38 of 131 Old 09-26-09, 07:35 AM
John

Got the VSX-516 ( Black one ) I didnt buy it with the speaker package I bought it seperate I have had it for about 2 or 3 years now and it is still going strong.. I havent really turned it up much and right now it is hooked to 2 front ( Fisher st-828 ) two side JBL, two rear Pioneer Surround speakers, 1 10 inch yamaha powered sub and Soon to be my home built center channel... But I really like pioneer ( It's whats in my truck as well DEH-2900mp )
post #39 of 131 Old 11-12-09, 09:20 PM
Shackster
jaytay

My VSX-23TXH is ordered and on the road to be delivered (hopefully) tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting my HT set up and running. I'm matching it with some Energy Take Classic satellite speakers, and an SVS PB10-NSD sub (with BFD to EQ it). The pieces are starting to roll in, and will hopefully have it all put together before the in-laws show up for Thanksgiving. Rock on!
post #40 of 131 Old 11-13-09, 07:57 AM

I still have my Pioneer VSX-9300s and still love it for the warm sound (Mosfet transistors).
And lot of power too (150 watts into 8 ohms at 0.02% THD, two channels driven; and about 250 watts into 4 ohm loads: from the lab tests).
Pioneer is a great company, and their Elite line is superb. And now, with their ICE power (class D amps), good for the environment, and more...