Are there any Pioneer receiver owners here? - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #71 of 131 Old 04-23-10, 07:02 AM
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System
Re: Are there any Pioneer receiver owners here?

I have an Elite SC-05 and would not trade it for anything but maybe a higher end model. I love MCACC and pretty much everything about it. I am so not looking forward to upgrading for HDMI 1.4 but know that eventually I will.

Regards,
Dale Rasco

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas A. Edison

Dale Rasco and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 131 Old 04-23-10, 02:44 PM
Shackster

winston

Lightbulb Re: Are there any Pioneer receiver owners here?

Quote:
BouiB wrote: View Post
Hi,

Nobody has tried this feature with vsx919 and pana TV ?
Thanks.
"BouiB is the 919 remote universal? if it is "you probably need to spend a little more time reading the "manuals and especially the VSX-919 manual!! that way yell get to figure it out in you own time, the 919 remote should at the least be able to turn on your panny TV

Pioneer remotes could give you a little sometimes as I used the VSX-74 elite receiver but in the end its a good feeling when you figured it out good luck
post #73 of 131 Old 08-25-10, 08:31 AM
Shackster

Hey all...just noticed this thread so felt like coming in to say "Hi" and to post what I have...
VSX92TXH....This is the second Pioneer receiver I have owned since my quest for better listening which started in the 70's! First was a SX-1010...OLD...and now the 92 which I am very happy with...the sound is tight and never lacking. MCACC can be a pain in the tush but that probably has to do with the room I am forced (wife) to use. Can't wait to move and have a dedicated HT room! One big complaint is the lack of firmware updates via a internet connection and the fact one must bring the receiver into a authorized service center to have the updates installed! I would think there would be a way for Pioneer to give access to firmware files over the web and make them installable by the consumer via their PC's and a serial connection!

BTW...Hi Dale...I lost your number, please IM me it so we can chat!

post #74 of 131 Old 08-25-10, 08:10 PM
Senior Shackster

Brad

My System

Just got a new VSX-1120-K last week.
post #75 of 131 Old 08-26-10, 07:16 PM
Shackster
Mark

Quote:
fitzwaddle wrote: View Post
Just got a new VSX-1120-K last week.
So what are your impressions?
post #76 of 131 Old 08-26-10, 11:12 PM
Senior Shackster

Brad

My System

Quote:
minuccims wrote: View Post
So what are your impressions?
Haven't done any critical listening to it yet, because my HT isn't ready - I set it up temporarily to test things out, but for example, I have no projector, concrete floors, bare drywall everywhere else - so its a real echo chamber, terrible listening environment. But gives me something to listen to while I'm working on building out the theater.

So far so good, only gripe I have so far is using the remote to advance songs while listening to the iPod interface is verrrrry slow - no biggie.

XBox Live ID: Atomic Hamper
post #77 of 131 Old 08-27-10, 03:23 PM
Shackster

1. What model do you have?
Pioneer VSX-1120-K

2. What are your likes/dis-likes of your receiver?
Too early to make a comprehensive list, but the sound and video processing are fantastic! I also ordered the bluetooth adaptor, which arrived on my doorstep today, so I'm looking forward to testing my wireless stereo options this weekend.

Both setup and MCACC were a breeze; and, combined with my newly acquired SPL, I was able to dial it in very quickly and effectively. The setup GUI is very clean and intuitive.

3. How many Pio receivers have you owned and have you ever owned different brands before going to Pioneer?
This is my very first "real" receiver... of any kind!

So far, so good!

(I'll post more comprehensive thoughts once I've put it through the ringer).
post #78 of 131 Old 08-27-10, 04:46 PM
Shackster

vitod

1. What model do you have?

Pioneer VSX 47 TX

2. What are your likes/dis-likes of your receiver?

HEAVY! I use it mainly as a pre/pro and use the Pioneer's amps for the surrounds only. Pre amp out to the Emo XPA-3 to the fronts. Sounds very good. My main gripe is I wish it can firmware update updates with latest processing.

3. How many Pio receivers have you owned and have you ever owned different brands before going to Pioneer?

Had a Denon 3300 for a long time, then getting the Pioneer.

Read more: Are there any Pioneer receiver owners here? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
post #79 of 131 Old 12-19-10, 05:32 PM
Shackster

A couple of weeks ago I stopped by the Onkyo dealer here. Just wanted to check the retail prices before ordering a Refub.

Found out the they also sell Pioneer including the Elite. They had an open box Elite vsx-30. It was priced too low to pass up.

This is my first AVR and it seems to be a fine receiver.

Last edited by Richard in Idaho; 12-27-10 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling
post #80 of 131 Old 12-20-10, 09:42 PM
Shackster
Jacas

I used to have a yamaha RX-V663 receiver,but sold it about a month ago and upgraded to a pioneer VSX-920 k.I really love my new receiver,sounds better than my yamaha.This is my third pioneer receiver,i have had rca,sony,and yamaha.I will never go back to those brands,pioneer all the way.I mainly got this receiver for 3d compatability,and 7.1 and,other goodies this receiver can offer.