Are there any Pioneer receiver owners here? - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #81 of 131 Old 12-21-10, 08:58 AM
Senior Shackster

Dwight

Re: Are there any Pioneer receiver owners here?

I've had a VSX-84TXSi for 4 years now. Overall it does a good job. I am using it as a prepro to drive my side/rear surrounds. Bought an Emotiva XPA-3 after the pioneer damaged a tweeter in one of my SVS MTS-01 mains. Will upgrade to a new avr in the near future to get Audyssey XT as it has more functionality then MCACC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 131 Old 02-06-11, 09:42 PM
Shackster

This is my third Pioneer receiver the first was back in 1980 it was a SX1280. The second was in 1999 it was a Pioneeer CX4000S Stereo Tuner control amp.M-5000 Power amp.PD-F507 compact Disc, Ct-W205R casette Deck. Now i just bought a Pioneer Elite VSX-30 about a month ago,it is one sweet unit, the sound and picture that come out of this receiver is great.

Last edited by sideswiper; 02-06-11 at 09:59 PM.
post #83 of 131 Old 03-10-11, 01:58 PM
Shackster
Chris

My System

I still have my good ol' workhorse, the VSX-D906S. I've had that baby since '97 when I bought it brand new at the Camp Foster exchange in Okinawa

post #84 of 131 Old 03-12-11, 08:39 AM
Shackster

I love my Pioneer receivers
First one I got was when I moved out of my parents 16 years ago and took my dads SX-450 then a few years later I bought the SX-980 still have them both and working but I have also added A VSX-1015TX a SC-27 and a SC-09 to my collection.
post #85 of 131 Old 03-18-11, 01:17 PM
Shackster

BIG'EN

I recently upgraded from an Elite VSX-53TX to the Elite VSX-23TXH. The difference in sound reproduction between the two is pretty amazing. I use my receiver as a processor only and have separate amps to run my HT speakers. I am not saying the 53 had bad sound but the overall gain from just installation and adjustment required me to turn down every amp including LFE amps. I record gains of almost 10db from the LFE channel before adjusting them down to a reasonable level. The sheer options and adjustments on the 23 should require a course at the local college but after messing with it enough you eventually can figure out what is right for your listen pleasure. I have never recommended any other receiver other than Pioneer and everyone of my close friends are using Pioneer receivers.

As far as the MCACC, I typically let it set up everything but after that I go in and change the speaker gains myself. I very seldom turn the main volume level up to 0db (reference level) so the speakers need to be bump up so I can hang around -20db to -25db level. Just my two cents.

BIG’EN

I TRY TO THINK, BUTT NUTHIN HAPPENS !!! NYUK NYUK NYUK
post #86 of 131 Old 03-19-11, 03:26 PM
Shackster

I've had an SC-37 for a few weeks now and absolutely love it! It's got every feature I need for my system, and even a couple that I don't! The power is more than sufficient, and MCACC makes setup a snap. It beats out everything I've owned in the past by a long shot!
post #87 of 131 Old 03-25-11, 01:17 PM
Shackster
Sean O

I have had the VSX-21 TXH for almost 2 years now. It currently powers my 5 Tannoy Reveal 6 speakers without a problem. I do not turn it much past -10 when watching movies. The only issue that I have had is the selection automatically switching when I turn it on. It will always switch away from the HDMI input I had it on and go to a port that is not connected. I know that I just have to adjust a setting somewhere. As many of you have said before, there are a million different settings. I like it that way, more things for me to play around with to see what I like. I do not see myself upgrading for some time. The VSX-21 should last a long time before I will need something different.
post #88 of 131 Old 12-14-11, 11:17 AM
Senior Shackster

Don

My System

I have a question about the advanced MCACC on my Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH. Could anyone explain exactly what the EQ frequencies do in terms of instruments, for example i know the 63Hz is for bass, and the 16k is the high pitch symbols and such. Can somebody break the frequencies down for me as to what each frequencie does what instrument? Or voice. Starting low to high what does what for what instrument?
63hz
125hz
250hz
500hz
16k..
Thank you...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
So far,
this is the oldest
i've ever been.
post #89 of 131 Old 12-14-11, 12:51 PM
Banned!

Quote:
swingin wrote: View Post
I have a question about the advanced MCACC on my Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH. Could anyone explain exactly what the EQ frequencies do in terms of instruments, for example i know the 63Hz is for bass, and the 16k is the high pitch symbols and such. Can somebody break the frequencies down for me as to what each frequencie does what instrument? Or voice. Starting low to high what does what for what instrument?
63hz
125hz
250hz
500hz
16k..
Thank you...
I'm afraid it's not that simple. For instance, a 5-string/20 fret bass in standard tuning goes from ~30hz to 233hz. With EQ, you shouldn't be looking to accentuate any particular instrument because 1) it impossible to do independent from the other instruments, and 2) the engineer/artist/producer mixed the recording a specific way for a reason: because it sounded good. Instead, the goal with EQ should be to fix your system so that it's response is flat at the listening position, enabling you to hear what the e/a/p heard (assuming their system was also flat).

That being said, if you're curious, here's a chart: http://www.contrabass.com/pages/frequency.html
post #90 of 131 Old 12-14-11, 01:12 PM
Elite Shackster

Mr. Rabbit

I own an SC-05 and love it. My only gripe is that when I plug in headphones to it the pre-amp out to my carver and sub do not cut off so I have to power them off manually. Not a big issues but still.