Yamaha RX V673, audio frequently cutting out - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 16 Old 07-17-17, 11:27 AM
Pending

Angry Re: Yamaha RX V673, audio frequently cutting out

Here i am, same problem . worked great until just out of warranty, now i have the sound cutting out with the speaker symbol on the front disappearing for a few seconds. Makes the receiver useless. any luck on a remedy?

*EDIT I have a RX A820 but exactly same symptoms as OP

Last edited by zombie568; 07-17-17 at 11:29 AM. Reason: add model info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 07-18-17, 01:17 PM
Shackster

Re: Yamaha RX V673, audio frequently cutting out

i have the same amp and i also get this issue. .

i dont get it so often so i may not be as annoyed with it as the OP but i just always put it down to a HDMI issue or something but it seems there could be more to it than that?

good luck

Jase.
post #13 of 16 Old 08-14-17, 04:44 PM
Pending

Exclamation Re: Yamaha RX V673, audio frequently cutting out

Me too. My RX V673 performed flawlessly for about 18 months, then the audio began cutting out intermittently. Using HDMI input from my DirecTV receiver or my AppleTV, the problem is the same. The front panel "CinemaDSP" & speaker channel lights go out and the audio disappears. The problem has gotten progressively worse. Now I sometimes have to switch the receiver on and off three or four times before the audio will play. The video has never failed. I have tried the receiver on three different A/C circuits and my entertainment system is all powered through a 5KVA UPS. With everything switched on and playing at 75% volume, the UPS is operating at 20 - 25% current capacity. I've tried with & without the UPS with no success. I have also tried every HDMI input and swapped to a brand new HDMI 2.1 cable with the same results. Looks like Yamaha has built a lemon here. Time to get an HK or Onkyo.

post #14 of 16 Old 03-29-18, 11:08 PM
Pending

I have an RX V773 and had/have a very similar issue to what's being described in this thread. I first noticed a moderate "POP" or "SNAP" sound about 1 month ago. About a week after that it escalated from "POP/SNAP" to not working for a few minutes after I turned it on. Then a week or so after that it escalated to a "SNAP/POP" with virtually no sound at all for 10+ minutes,,,then I would have to turn it off and then back on...and if I were lucky it would work after second reboot....Finally, another couple weeks after that it is 100% dead.

So, I happen to have an RX V673 that never worked at all. I purchased it knowing that it had no sound even though it would power on. I took that unit apart and noticed while testing the speaker connection for "Ohms" with a multi-meter that the Center and Surround do not register ANY Ohms whatsoever whereas all remaining speakers register about 9.8k Ohms....I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to be or not but if it's NOT then there are relays associated with each of those speaker connectors and it "MIGHT" be a relay issue (that's just a guess,,,I have not replaced them).

Bottom line is upon researching this issue I am discovering that this is a real issue with Yamaha receivers. There are MANY people complaining of the same issue. So many that I'm surprised Yamaha is acknowledging it and having a recall...Or at the very least making a video on the most common repair. In the absence of any guidance from Yamaha the only reasonable solution is to buy a receiver from a different manufacturer. It would cost $70 - $100 to send it in and diagnose,,,probably another $100+ for parts and by the time I'm done it's a $200+ repair. That's ridiculous. So,,,in my opinion, another unit from a different manufacturer is the better solution.
post #15 of 16 Old 11-14-18, 10:01 AM
Pending

Well I'm having the same issues. If I figure anything out I will post it here.
post #16 of 16 Old 02-27-19, 03:37 PM

Hi, I just introduced myself with my first two posts in the presentation thread. Excuse me for my English as a translator.
I need to ask you: my Yamaha rx-A730 starts up well, but it takes 15 minutes for the icons of the speakers to appear on the display and for the speakers to be heard, it has to warm up a few minutes for the sound to come out.
What will be the problem:
a defective weld ?.
the contacts of dirty relays?
or some component that until it is not heated does not work well?
I am open to your advice and thank you, I come from the electric world.
As you can see this is the post I posted yesterday asking for help, the symptoms of my Yamaha RX-A730 are the same as you say.
Have you got any solution ?, In my case I will remove the lid and make a visual inspection and if I do not solve it I will take it to the Yamaha official technical service.
regards