Crown XLS 1500 question - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 7 Old 11-13-15, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
Blitz

Crown XLS 1500 question

Ok, i bought 2 Crown xls 1500 first gen amps because they are a great deal right now. I have a Yamaha reciever which i know does not supply the proper voltage required by the crown amp to run at full potential. So i ordered a ART Cleanbox Pro. Will go AVR-->RCA-->Cleanbox-->XLR-->Crown XLS. Now hear is the question. 1 amp will power my front left and right fronts and the other will power my Center. Do i have to buy 2 ART Cleanboxes. 1 for the first amp powering my mains and another for the second powering my Center?

Or is there a way to get one and link the first crown connected with cleanbox to the second via 1/4 link out on the crown and just feed the Center channel amp straight from AVR with RCA cable. Will this work, or do i have no choice but to get 2 ART Cleanboxes to insure both amps are getting proper voltage. Just not sure if linking one to the other will carryover that voltage increase from the cleanbox pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-13-15, 10:39 AM
Shackster

Re: Crown XLS 1500 question

You don't need the cleanboxes with the Yamaha. I have 4 Crown XLS-402's with a yamaha reciever. The yamaha puts out 2V from the RCA's. (Some other recievers put out only 1V). 2V is More than enough to run the crowns. i have the Crowns turned all the way up.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-13-15, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
Blitz

Quote:
johnnybon wrote: View Post
You don't need the cleanboxes with the Yamaha. I have 4 Crown XLS-402's with a yamaha reciever. The yamaha puts out 2V from the RCA's. (Some other recievers put out only 1V). 2V is More than enough to run the crowns. i have the Crowns turned all the way up.
Are you sure everyone is saying the yamaha only outputs 1V. I already oredered the cleanbox so will try both ways. Still wondering tho if needed do can i link both crown amps off 1 cleanbox. Or do i need 2 cleanboxes, 1 for each amp?

post #4 of 7 Old 11-13-15, 01:10 PM
Elite Shackster

TC

My System

I don't see a way to use one cleanbox for 3 outputs. It only has 2 so it will only do your left and right channels. If you split one of those you still won't have your center channel working.

Onkyo TX-NR809 HT receiver
HPS-4000,SR-70, John Allen, Klipsch Heresy, Speakers for L.C.R.
QSC GX-5 power amp for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for surrounds
Behringer EP 4000 pro amp for the Danley DTS-10 tapped horn sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Cinema White 1.0 gain 106" fixed frame screen
Dish network with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey
post #5 of 7 Old 11-13-15, 01:16 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Agree, only two inputs/outputs so only two channels possible. I also agree that it would be unlikely that you will need it. Unless you are planning on running the amp full open there would be no reason that you would hear any difference.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #6 of 7 Old 11-13-15, 02:53 PM
Shackster

Check your Yamaha owners manual, at the end it will list the specs. I have the HTR5760 and the RCA specs say 2 volts. The cleanbox come in stereo pairs. there are multichannel ones but they are very expensive.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-13-15, 04:32 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Locking this thread, please to not crosspost the same topic on multiple forums.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...ml#post1329457

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Closed Thread