DSP for iNUKE 1000? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 3 Old 09-16-17, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

DSP for iNUKE 1000?

I was wondering if I need the DSP version of the iNUKE NU1000? I can get the non-DSP version for $95 shipped w/ 3 year warranty. I don't think I can get the DSP version that cheap.

So I have a Yamaha HTR-5960 which has LFE for subwoofer out and the crossover is currently set at 80hz for my single Dayton RSS315HO-44 12". I'm wondering/hoping if the equalizer on my Yamaha will not require the DSP version? I'm a noob when it comes to power amps and DSPs.

The iNUKE will be powering my Two Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12"s which will be in sealed chambers seeing 0.959cuft. each. However, going ported is always an option in the future.

So do I need the DSP version and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-16-17, 10:15 AM
HTS Moderator

AJ

My System
Re: DSP for iNUKE 1000?

That would depend on how many frequencies you needed EQ'd in the <80hz range for your sub(s) in your room.
Not sure how many frequency bands the Yamaha has specific to say 20-80hz, your "sub" range. Maybe one or two?
The DSP iNUKE appears to have 8 bands of EQ, which can be used in that narrow range....if needed.
You would be the best one to know that specific need.

AJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-16-17, 03:29 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System
Re: DSP for iNUKE 1000?

A big advantage with your sealed subs and the inuke DSP would be the ability to run a low shelf filter (LS12) to boost up below 30-40 Hz where the response of the sealed sub naturally drops off, basically the same as a Linkwitz Transform.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.