Yamaha RX-V1700 Receiver / RX-V2700 Receiver - Official Owners Thread - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Yamaha RX-V1700 Receiver / RX-V2700 Receiver - Official Owners Thread

This is surely why I initially said it sounded so laid back... for good reason. I actually like it on the music... it sounds really good and maybe it's good for the SBS-01's. I've left it off for the most part thus far. I want to tinker with the GEQ a little.

It sure would be super nice if Yamaha could release a firmware update to make the OSD short menus work via HDMI during a 1080i or better source. It would make living with the amp mo betta. Oh how the little things can gripe me sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 08:58 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

There does appear to be a firmware update of some kind. You'll have register to get to it.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/p...DETYP=RELATION

Regards,
Wayne
post #53 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Unfortunately it's not a significant update for me...

Quote:
Yamaha has found that in some instances when switching between certain digital signals on an
RX-V1700 or HTR-6090, the digital signal will mute for an extended period of time or will not return.
Yamaha is offering a firmware update to correct this issue.

post #54 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 09:33 PM
Senior Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Rodny

Hey Sonnie!!
I just played a standard DVD and it shows Dolby Digital on the receiver. (straight)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #55 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

It's all working like it should then...
post #56 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 09:36 PM
Senior Shackster
Hakka

I had a read through the RXV-1700 manual last night and on page 19 it says that the 'short message display' (which shows the front panel display onscreen whenever a button is pressed) is not available on component 480p/576p/720p/1080i or HDMI. So it looks like you can only have the onscreen display with 480i/567i sources.

I can't think of too many AVRs that can do OSD over a progressive signal or HDMI for that matter.
post #57 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Yeah... I don't know of any either. I may can live with it... I'll just have to see how it works out and if it really gripes me bad enough.
post #58 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 10:11 PM
Senior Shackster
Hakka

You could always stick a magnifying glass to the front of the AVR to make the volume read out bigger.
post #59 of 90 Old 03-06-07, 10:21 PM
Senior Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Rodny

I told him to cut the bottom of a coca-cola bottle and put it in front of the display!!

post #60 of 90 Old 03-07-07, 03:25 AM
Senior Shackster
Hakka

Or you could do this...
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RX-V1700 Receiver / RX-V2700 Receiver - Official Owners Thread-100_0978.jpg